Monday, December 05, 2011

wall in my lap . . .

 Yes, literally -- my current project is in my lap as I do the hand-stitching on my Holly Jolly topper!  I need to close the seams on each piece and then it will be ready to do some quick, machine quilting.  Once that's finished I'll stitch the pieces together.  Look for a how-to for this one, later on in the month!

I also had a little fun with a holiday felted project this weekend.  I was browsing through my button board on Pinterest, looking for an appropriate project for a blogger friend.  I stumbled upon this cute one at lil fish studios and not only is this one I passed along, but right then and there I made one for myself!
And then I made another.  Because it was SOOOO easy and SOOOOO cute!! I really enjoy Pinterest.  I know it sounds funny, but I really have used it for lots of great ideas that I actually worked out!  A lot of my fall projects and new recipe tries came directly from Pinterest inspiration.  :)
So.  Now I have to decide if I'm going to make more poinsettia flowers or if I'm going to do something with just these two. Hmmm....after slight deliberation, I have to say I see more of these in my future!!

Speaking of more, there are tons more design walls to browse through today!  Head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and check 'em out!

Happy, happy Monday -- be the light! 

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

earrings? Bwahahahaahahahaa!

Me <--- PINTEREST ADDICTED

Love Bears All Things said...

Very pretty...I don't have any lap work right now and I miss it. I'm out of the stabilizer I like to use with my stitcheries...
Mama Bear

Coloradolady said...

Just a reminder, deadline for shipping your sss package is the 10th, and please email me the delivery confirmation number!!! Have a great week!

marcella said...

Those poinsettia's are darling! Isn't it hard to not get sidetracked with every adorable thing that shows up on blogs and on-line? So hard to resist!

Mary said...

My Daughters are Pinheads too, (in a nice way). I've resisted so far. There are a lot of Links to DWM today! Thanks for sharing your Christmas-y stuff today. Mine are all gifts so I had to dig out another old UFO.

Editfolt said...

I love poinsettia flowers. Beautiful!

Lee said...

Holly Jolly is coming along nicely. Too cute on the button/felt poinsettia projects. I looked at your Pinterest button board...wow, creative folks out there! My friend Ruth has used buttons to make earrings and brooches/pins...she's more creative than I and does a ton of crafty things.

Connie said...

Your poinsettias are beautiful! I've been using Pinterest if I find something and think I might want to go back to it.....better than a bookmark but then I keep finding lots of other great things! Yep, it is pretty neat'

QuiltSwissy said...

I like those poinsettias! And the big holly leaves. Maybe I need felt too.....
glen

Barb in Mi said...

Too cute - love the flowers!

Quilt Hollow said...

You are just busy! I'm guessing the poinsettias will be shown quite a bit...kind of like your jacks. LOL TEASING!!!! I'm looking forward to see how many you make and what becomes of them.

Cathy said...

I love the way your table toper is coming along. And the flowers are wonderful, but you definitely need more of them. Two by themselves is just too lonely.

big B said...

I am looking forward to seeing a how-to on the topper! I love the fabric you are using.
Kim

Bonnie said...

Great work on the pins. And, can't wait to see the table topper progress. But, honestly, did you really have to suck me in to Pinterest? DD said I should be using it so when I looked at your link... I'm succumbing. Sometime in the next day or so!