Monday, December 19, 2011

six days to go . . .

On my design wall today? My little topper. Or more specifically . . . the instructions for the tutorial I'm trying to cohesively write for Wednesday's Sew We Quilt guest post. Other than that, all I've got is a couple of nearly finished goodies I really can't share photos of, it being Christmas and all that. So while I work away on finishing up the tutorial and my secret projects, I leave you with this darling little fellow for a little pre-Christmas good cheer! (And then be sure to head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see what else is going up on design walls this Monday-before-Christmas!)

James & Sawyer came and picked me up Saturday evening for a lasagna dinner at their home. Sawyer was *so* excited to have me in his home! I guess it has been a while. He was such a ham!

In case you couldn't tell, he was definitely saying, "Cheese!"

Kim laid a lovely, festive table!

And dinner was *wonderful*! Sawyer was my dinner partner at the table.

Another, "Cheese!" moment.

Sawyer and Kim had put in some work on these darling little pieces . . .

Aren't these sweet??

And here's a capture of their mantel with an inviting fire in the fireplace.

Kim made the "Merry" banner. She's very talented.

And here's their Christmas tree!

Look at all those presents under the tree! Can you believe Sawyer doesn't bother them at all?? Haha -- maybe not this year, but next year will be a different story!

Shoot ... what does he need with new toys, anyways?!?



He's got this grand box to play in! He did enjoy 'hiding' in the box. Such fun!

And he put on his reindeer pj's from his Neesey and Paw-paw!

I had gotten 24 months in size, but when they came they looked SO big. Evidently not. Isn't he just darling? If these sweet little Christmas footie pj's don't convince you, then check out my sweet little boy in this video:



Sorry about the green pepper (sort of). But for Pete's sake . . . he's eating raw green pepper! Ya' gotta be amazed by that!

Today I'm off to the doc's. Hoping for a cast-free Christmas!!!

:)

20 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

awwwww... hey, embrace the green pepper!

He's a smart li'l dude... love the cheese smiles. priceless!

Jean said...

awwwww... hey, embrace the green pepper!

He's a smart li'l dude... love the cheese smiles. priceless!

Kathie said...

Loved all the pictures. Don't you love that time when they love the boxes more than the presents. Doesn't last long and then he will be wanting TVs, and Ipods...lol

Merry Christmas.

Kathie said...

Loved all the pictures. Don't you love that time when they love the boxes more than the presents. Doesn't last long and then he will be wanting TVs, and Ipods...lol

Merry Christmas.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My grandson #1 does the corny 'cheese' smile too. Yes, boxes and throw in a pot/pan/wooden spoon and the hours will pass. Loved the photos and good luck in being castless!

Barbara F. said...

Sawyer is getting bigger each time I see him - he is such an adorable child. Hoping that cast comes off today, Denise! Merry Christmas to you and your family. xo

Pat said...

Love this post!!! And...isn't it the truth? They just LOVE empty boxes. Not sure if you know a blogger named Rhonda (from Texas)....but I think she is the one who was going to Walmart to buy fancy, nice gift boxes and was going to wrap some of them up for the grands....since they seem to want to play with the boxes anyway!!! LOL Good luck writing your tutorial!

Mary said...

What a precious little boy Sawyer is! This is going to be a very special Christmas.

Bonnie said...

Ah . . . he's incredible. And, wow the Kindergarten teachers will love that he has a heads up on the alphabet. He's a cutie too. How old is he.

Good luck with all the secret projects you've got going.

StitchinByTheLake said...

My oldest grandson, who is now 23, ate raw onions every chance he got when he was that age. Aren't they just so funny! blessings, marlene

Mary said...

Typical Child to play in the Box and get so much Joy! He's a cutie Denice!

Paula said...

Sawyer sure is growing....fast! I bet he can jabber your ear off. I often thought of just wrapping up boxes to give our son. (budget saver) Kids sure love those boxes.I loved the video. Thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas. You are going to have a fun one with Sawyer.
Hugs

Katherines Corner said...

What a cutie pie. This post is filled with happy! Hugs

Michelle said...

What a cutie!

Marilyn said...

Thanks for visiting me at Delights of the Heart. Your little Sawyer is a sweetie.

Kate said...

Looks like a fun dinner. He's a cutie! Hope you got good news at the doctors!

AnnieO said...

Happy dinner partner, gotta love the cheese smiles! What a lovely time you all had. The mantel is really pretty. I hope you have a cast free Christmas too!

Quilt Hollow said...

When my 18 year old was young cutie patootie like Sawyer he too loved green peppers and would snag them off our plates! CUTE little young man you have there!!!

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

Awww! Sawyer is so cute--and I love his name!

Gmama Jane said...

I love your Sawyer video. he is such a cutie!! He pronounced those letters quite well for his age!! I'm a former speech therapist ya know.
Blessings
Gmama Jane