Tuesday, December 27, 2011

a tad different . . .

So it was *going* to be a quiet, stay-in-your-jammies kind of day, but around 11:30, I got a better offer. Seriously. James called and wanted to know if I wanted to hang out with them ... and then he added the clincher ... "Sawyer would love to spend time with you!" LOL! Do you think I wanted to stay home alone after that?!?! NO WAY!

I don't know what I was thinking, though. I left the house without my purse, which meant I didn't have my camera. Just my phone. And while Sawyer can be entertained for quite a while with the phone, the phone's camera doesn't take the greatest pictures. Of course, that doesn't stop me from taking (or sharing) them!

He had just gotten up from his nap. He was very intent on eating his snack of apple slices and vanilla wafers. Very intent. He's still holding his "puppy" closely, too.

I think I got a good shot to convert to a silhouette, too. I love playing with those! I saw a craft on Pinterest for a silhouette ornament. I'd like to give that a try!

Sawyer had a pretty good Christmas. James & Kim said he didn't know what to do with the wrapped presents ... he mostly played Santa, delivering boxes and packages. Until they were unwrapped and then he was ready to PLAY! Another funny thing? Evidently he was most interested in the clothes he received. Especially a new pair of shoes and a couple of hats. This boy will be GQ! :)

Me? Oh I had a terrific Christmas! I'll share photos and commentary later on this week. A nice mix of gifts this year -- some tea things, some women's ministry things, some candles and nice-smelling things, some quilting things, some books, DVDs and a planner, and some clothing things. Really a well-balanced and well-rounded Christmas haul!

I never really shared my Christmas decorating in the RV. Life has just been so hectic with the leg and all. (And besides ... it's an RV ... I decorated it pretty much the same as I did last year. LOL!) But I did want to share this one little corner . . .

The tree is a tree my Pop made out of tin cans, many moons ago. The Santa was given to me when I was a young, young thing -- like forty-something years ago. And the PUMPKIN is red. And the Alabama Crimson Tide are headed for the BCS, so I had to leave up my tribute! Yes, I'll have had a pumpkin on display through four months, when it's all said and done. And if Alabama wins on January 9th?

I'll put heart stickers on that bad boy and leave him up through February, too!!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

There is nothing wrong with that photo of Sawyer...it's darling!!!

Barbara F. said...

That is a cute profile shot of Sawyer. You made out very well with a good Christmas haul. I love your pumpkin. Last year, I had a pumpkin until Easter, and I painted it to look like a chick! One of my very first posts lol. I finally threw it out in.....July!! Not kidding. I was seriously thinking of turning it into a witch for Halloween. xo

Lee said...

Sawyer is such cutie, and who could turn down spending time with him at every opportunity!?

Love the pumpkin! I usually get a big pumpkin in October - it doesn't get cut up or decorated but sits on the tile floor at the base of the stairs near the entry. It's usually there until mid- to late summer when either I get tired of dusting around it or it finally begins to rot at the bottom stem area. It then gets tossed to the compost heap.

Susan said...

Your RV shots make me homesick. =) My fifth wheel sits lonely in a storage lot now. Great shots of the GS.

Jean said...

Your pumpkin love just cracks me up... Sawyer is just a busy little guy... That's funny that he gravitated to the clothes. Hmmmm...

That pic would make a cute silhouette.

Make it a great day! Come on over, grab a box, some packing material and a tape gun!

AnnieO said...

Darling boy--no doubt about that sweet profile. Glad you got a better offer for spending your day! How's the cast-free leg doing, by the way?

Editfolt said...

Google translator is not normal. I do not understand what you say. But the pictures are very good, a nice kid.:)