Wednesday, December 07, 2011

how i spent my day . . .

I have the *best* boss and the *best* office in the whole, wide world.

Of course, my boss is my darling husband and my office is my home. We have a pretty good working situation. For the most part, we've got a daily/weekly/monthly chart of things I need to do (or need to remind him to do) for the ministry and the Camp. With a few exceptions, I can do them in my own timing, within their particular time constraints. I like this. Today, after I finished up some correspondence and blog work I had for the ministry, I had a fun project. I worked on a map of the camp, including all the trails and the landmarks. It's not to scale, and it's definitely not even close to being engineer-perfect, but it's a good start for groups who come up and have never been here, and aren't sure what's where. Especially the trails, since even though they're marked, they're spaced pretty far apart.

It's probably tough to see here, but I didn't compress it, so if you click on it, it will open up enlarged. It was a fun project for a rainy day! And yes, we're parked there in the yellow box!

I saw this on my sister's humor board on Pinterest. It *so* resonated with me! And since I started by telling you what a great boss (ergo, hubby) I had, I thought this was an appropriate time to share it . . .

Bless Todd's heart -- it should read, I have someone who is prepared for ...

:)

4 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

Lucky you! And Todd's a sweetie! Having visited the campground in person it is a beautiful facility! Great job on the map.

(Jeanie writes as she's eating a brownie for breakfast)

Cathy said...

You are very, very blessed. And someday I'm hoping we'll make it down to your camp.

Barbara F. said...

I think you have the ideal work/life situation going on, Denise. Blessings to you and your family. xo

Sarah said...

Great map - I saved it for the next golf cart tour so I can follow along!