Thursday, November 17, 2011

crushing . . .

Monday I finally got around to finishing the LAST two BOM blocks of My Orange Crush quilt. Whoohoo!!

The one on the right was really fun to put together. We were given Thangles to use to piece the half square triangles. I'd never used them before and it was pretty fast and simple. I have to admit, I was impressed! They went together very quickly and the rest of the block was a piece of cake.

I created these two blocks knowing which fabric I wanted to set them in.

The blue and brown centered block will be set in the orange.


And this beauty will be set in the purple. Yeah, I went ahead and called my own block a beauty. It really is lovely to me. :)

While I was at it, I went ahead and (finally) prepped two more blocks.


Now they're backed and sandwiched and this one's even pin basted and the quilting pattern is marked and ready to me to get, get going!

I don't know if you can see my quilting template like this or not . . .

I choose a fairly intricate design for this block, because it was so simple.


And this block was filled with so many straight, cut lines, that I wanted to use a softer, rounder pattern for quilting. So they're ready and waiting whenever I'm ready!

Ha. Whenever I'm ready. Isn't that the rub? Tonight's a guild meeting night. Yay!!! Joc is picking me up and we're going to meet my Stitcher's Group for dinner. Tonight's program is by a certified zentangle teacher! I think this is going to be a huge gathering. We will each get a kit -- it will include a Pigma pen, tiles, a pencil, a tortillon and an icosahedron all packaged in a cute bag! Isn't that fun? I don't even know what half that stuff is!! I can't wait!

I hope y'all have a fabulous Thursday . . .

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Love Bears All Things said...

Very pretty...You're quilting as you go...I'd like to know more about that so continue to post progress...
Mama Bear

Momof3girls said...

Beautiful quilt squares! Love them! I can't wait to see what you get in your bag tonight!

Editfolt said...

This template should be stapling? You Draw the pattern and then sewing?

Sarah said...

How does it feel to have all the blocks put together? Fabulous I'm sure!

Can't wait to hear about your zentangle class - but what are tortillons and icosahedrons?

Did you see the block on sewwequilt.com today? It's right up your alley :)

Paula said...

Love,love,love your blocks. Great Job! I used Thangles during my quilting class. They are so helpful. Can't wait to see your quilt when it finished.
Zantangle!! Can't wait to hear about that. I don't know a thing about it. I am sure you will do wonderful with it.
How is that iron working for you?
HUgs

Pat said...

HA...I'm glad you said YOU didn't even know what some of those things are that will be in your kit tonight. Be sure you blog and show them and tell us about each of them at some point, okay? This can be a learning experience for ALL of us! :) Have a great time. OH...and your orange crush blocks look wonderful!

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

Those look great, Denise! I love the colors--so pretty!