Sunday, November 27, 2011

season of advent . . .

Did you know that today is the first day of Advent? Advent is the period of "hopeful expectation" prior to Christmas, which each of the four weeks prior to Christmas representing a different aspect of the season: hope, love, joy and peace. The folks at Busted Halo have put together a marvelous, two minute video on what Advent is and isn't. My sister shared it with me and it was so great, I wanted to share it here . . .



And there's even an Advent calendar on the site. Each day, in turn, will lead to a special Advent-themed Daily Jolt, with an opportunity for reflection and a microChallenge. Pretty cool stuff and a great way to keep close to heart and mind, the true Reason for the season.

Happy Sunday!

:)

4 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

What a great timely post, Denise. I watched this clip twice. xo

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I gave my nativity advent to my daughter for this year. Her little one is 4.5 yrs. old and should be able to understand. She's going to use the battery candles for safety.

Pat said...

Very good link! Advent seems to fly by so quickly...at least to me. I am glad I have so much Christmas prep done early this year as it gives me more time to sit quietly and think of the real reason for the season!

Sarah said...

That was a very well done video and I liked the advent calendar idea of using real people (ok movies are sorta real) to pass the daily message along...