Thursday, November 24, 2011

a long line . . .

This was my great, great, great times a lot, grandfather. On my dad's side.

One of my cousins grabbed these two pics when she toured the old homestead, when it was up for sale a year or so ago.

I thought today was an appropriate day to show and tell! I'm one of those lucky people who's descended from Mayflower stock from both parents. My dad from William White (Peregrine's dad), and my mom from EIGHT Mayflower passengers, including Miles Standish, John Alden, Priscilla Mullins, and George Soule, to name a view. Pretty cool! Thanksgiving takes on an extra special meaning for our family.

And so, Happy Thanksgiving!!

From my home to yours!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

You are a very special lady, Denise! What good stock!! Enjoy. xo

Momof3girls said...

Thanks for sharing this. That is just so interesting. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love Bears All Things said...

I am in favor of anything that has to do with past history...haven't found out the ship name that brought my own families over but have learned where a couple of lines originated...I love the big rock, too bad it didn't stay in the family...
Have a fantastic Thanksgiving Day..its going to be a nice one weather wise..
Mama Bear

Winona said...

Wow! Denise, you are almost royalty in our country. (grin) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow Denise, you are the real thing!! How cool is that :-) Happy Thanksgiving from a descendent of immigrants ;-)

Mary said...

Nice that you have that linage from the Mayflower. An extra thing to be Thankful for every year. Peregrine was one of my ancestors names too. I think he was born in Massachusetts.

Editfolt said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pat said...

How nice to be able to trace your lineage and to have it be such a distinguished one! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours today!

Cathy said...

That is quite the pedigree!! LOL Hope you are having a great time with your family, especially today on your thanksgiving day.

racheld said...

Denise,

What a lovely treat to have you chime in on Lawn Tea on such a busy day!!

I so wish you all the very best blessings, and much joy during the coming Holiday Season.

rachel

Lee D said...

So I guess you are somewhat of a flower child!!! Hope your Thanksgiving was a wonderful time with your family!!

Lee said...

A-w-e-s-o-m-e, I love all things genealogy, mine all came over by boat too, just not that far back, at least not that I've discovered yet. One early line is elusive.

Gmama Jane said...

Denise!? You never told me you were Royalty??!! That is about the coolest thing ever to be descended from the Mayflower passengers and from names we all know from our history lessons. Who found all this in your family??? Very Very interesting! Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family. Don't be in any hurry to get the camper back! Keep it up there as long as you want.
Blessings
Jane

Sarah said...

Lucky you to be so pilgrim-y!! Until less than a year ago we had no idea a long lost relative had been a pilgrim. My Dad's maternal grandparents were off a boat from Ireland to Chicago and several of my Mom's relatives came to NY during the Irish Patato Famine.