Monday, November 21, 2011

hang the design . . .

No, literally ... my 'design wall' is actually just the last two blocks I completed quilting of My Orange Crush quilt. Hanging by pins off the bunk!

Really you can't even tell that they're quilted in these pictures, except that you can still see my blue marking pen in the last one I finished . . .

Yeah, I need to get that off. Four blocks down, twelve to go!! But seeing as how it took me less than a week to finish these two, once I get all the blocks set and sandwiched, the quilting shouldn't take long. Of course, nothing will probably get done this week, seeing as how my sister and her family are here - we'll be too busy having FUN!

Speaking of which, today all the girls in the family are headed to my favorite tearoom, Emma's, for lunch! Yay!

All right, I'm off. But two things first . . . if you have a chance, please check out this post from yesterday about a dear quilter in need of some hugs *and* check out Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see what's up on design walls all over the bloggy world!!

And . . . it's Monday!! Have a *marvelous* day!

:)

6 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

I know you'll have lots of fun with your family. Hope you have a great day, and week.

Sarah said...

Have fun with the family - especially at Emma's!!!

Editfolt said...

You forget to send me zentagne images?
This beautiful orange fabric. How are your legs?

Pat said...

I sent my package off to Debbie this morning. Have a great time with your family this week. I recall that tea room from when you posted photos of you there with your family awhile ago.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a great way to quilt a larger project. I am going to try this in the new year. Enjoy!

Paula said...

WOW! Bee-yu-tiful quilt!