Thursday, November 03, 2011

wonderful day . . .

Yesterday, Todd headed out on shift and *I* had company!! First Jocelyn, and then Kim and Sawyer joined us!!

Sawyer, bless his little heart, had allergies and was so hoarse, he could hardly be heard. So what did Jocelyn, Kim and I do? We asked him to say things, because he sounded so cute! In turn, he decided he really liked Jocelyn's cup (and particularly the straw) and he deserved the cool drink of water.

Sawyer, how much do you love your Neesey?

Neesey, I love you this much!!

He also loves to see photos and video of himself. Jocelyn had a captive audience, for as long as she had video.

Isn't he darling?! Overall Sawyer -- see what I mean, with that hat?? And have you seen the youtube clip of the baby, working the iPad, swiping her finger across the screen? That's nothing -- Sawyer's been doing that for seven or eight months or longer!

It was a chilly but beautiful day. At my request Joc had brought some of the ingredients I needed to make a potato and corn chowder. I love it, but Todd doesn't, so yesterday was a great day to make it.

It turned out wonderfully and Joc and I (and Sawyer, though he and Kim had already had lunch) all enjoyed it!

Joc had also brought me some beautiful red fabric. I'd seen where someone participating in the Christmas stitch along had done the cute embroideries with white floss on the red background. I was very impressed with how it looked, so much that I wanted to give it a try.

I got the light box out and prepped my square.

Oh yeah, it's awesome! I love this look!!! I'm so excited! And what do you think goes better with a chilly evening and Christmas stitcheries?

Hot chocolate, with plenty of whipped cream, of course!! Talk about capping off a day right.

And one final thing. Just in case you're wondering what this pumpkin kind of girl does in a turkey kind of month . . .

That's right . . .

That's what *this* pumpkin girl is talking about! (You didn't really think I was done with pumpkins, did you?!)

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Love Bears All Things said...

I know you are enjoying little Sawyer so much...I provided child care for my Daughter when I lived in Huntsville the first time....this just brings back memories...I have a photo of Jordan lying on the floor on his stomach staring at a Cricket....
Where in the world did you get those cute turkey stands? They're darling.
I was planning to make Chicken Dumplings this week but your potato soup changed my mind.
I have that pattern...haven't decided what to do with it yet..did you get the angel one also? I changed the wording and placed Christ back in Christmas...
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness, but that turkey pumpkin is soooooo cute!!!!! What a great idea!! But, of course, Sawyer is even cuter. ANd I do love the hats. You did an overall Sawyer quilt for him, didn't you?

A Gracious Home said...

I love that pumpkin. My computer isn't working right today. I need more memory.

Editfolt said...

it is a caravan? I have a caravan. I use the summer. We now have a cold. Caravan is at rest.

Lee said...

Wonderful day for you indeed :)
So funny you'd mention the corn and potato chowder as I was speaking with my daughter this morning and that's what she talked about for dinner and I'd decided then that I might just do that too and had set some stuff out for it so I didn't forget between then & dinner - it happens, lol!
hehe, love your 'tur-kin'!

Connie said...

Now I have seen everything!! A pumpkin turkey????? Oh my is it cute! That cup of hot chocolate looks yummy too! Little Sawyer is sure a cutie!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Your grandson is just a doll! I love embroidery so your Santa is something I would love to stitch too. My husband and I work at a Methodist mission in the summer - south Louisiana - be we don't live in our camper for that. We have a 2 room apartment for the time we're there. Love doing that! blessings, marlene

Gmama Jane said...

Cute post, Denise! Sawyer is such a cutie pie! Did you get my note about Stitching Camp this Feb. in Fayetteville?
Blessings
Jane

Sarah said...

There were sooooo many redwork patterns at Houston - I never thought to grab you a surprise. bad friend bad friend :( The white on red will be stunning!