Saturday, November 19, 2011

glorious weekend . . .

I love weekends. It sounds kind of silly when you think of it ... I don't work and Todd doesn't work a traditional 9-5, 5-days-a-week kind of job, so you might be tempted to think one day was pretty much just like the next for us, but no. Weekends are football and family (because our son and son-in-law do work more traditional hours) and worship and activities at the camp . . . yup, I do love me weekends!

This weekend we've got a group coming into the camp for a fellowship supper; it's a returning group -- they come out in the spring and fall, and they're always fun and *always* bring great food and invite us to eat with them! And then tomorrow, my sister and her family arrive for the WEEK!!! I'm so excited! (Oh, and with that tidbit of news comes the caveat that my posting for the next week *may* be a little slim! Maybe not. We'll see.)

So we're getting ready to head out and be busy and get things spruced up around here. In the meantime, I did have some things to share . . .

Sawyer's first finger painting. I wish you could see the huge grin on my face when I see this! Doesn't it look like he just had a blast?!? And I love the fall colors, too! I can kind of see a turkey in there . . .

I told you last weekend that all the kids were up here; Jason was taking pics for Kim and James for the Christmas cards. He captured some great shots, like this one . . .

Aren't they a darling family?

Sawyer had a really great nap that afternoon. It makes a world of difference when you're taking his pictures after 4:00 pm! Of course, his favorite Aunt Jocelyn was there helping, too!

I love this one . . . walking in the tall grass! It's so sweet how nicely he holds hands!

And this one is darling, too!

And a great transition to this one . . .

Funny, funny story on this one -- it evidently took a whole lot of attempts to finally get this one. Every time James would lean over to kiss Kim, Sawyer would have a fit and start kicking his feet and waving his hands. Jocelyn said it was hysterical to watch! Finally they were able to get one where it actually looks like Sawyer's grinning as his daddy kisses his mommy. So sweet -- but a lot more fun if you know the background story on it!

Okay, so thanks for indulging me in sharing one of my favorite things ... family. I'm off to get busy!! Have a happy Saturday! (Oh, and ROLL TIDE!)

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Editfolt said...

We also have holiday cooking. Only spar day and my son to travel to Miami.

The previous entry: Do you have zentang sample book? Please send me a copy of "jpg". format. I print out and I can learn.
I will be playing soon. Keep checking my blog later! :)
EDIT

Paula said...

Love the artwork and yes, I can almost see a turkey.
Family pictures are wonderful and the story to go along with them is also. Funny how little ones react to some things.
You have a wonderful week-end.
Hugs

Mary said...

great pictures! I hope to get some on Turkey Day with my Family!

Cathy said...

Wonderful pictures. And I love the striped sweaters on father and son.

Rachel's Quilts said...

Lovely pictures. The hand-holding one is sweet.
Have fun with your sister and her family.

Lee said...

Gotta love those early artworks, always keepers...and he did such a GREAT job creating a fall work! Enjoy your week with family and with fellowship. :)

Connie said...

Wonderful photos and love Sawyer's finger painting.....an artist in the making!

Pat said...

Great photos...if I was them, I'd have a hard time deciding which one to use on a Christmas card!

Jean said...

I don't work outside the home, either and I look forward to weekends as well.

And I still enjoy coffee breaks!

Michelle said...

Enjoy your time with your family!

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

Aww..beautiful family, indeed! This is why I love the holidays so much..it brings family together! I love that story about the last picture hahah.

Sarah said...

Alright - who influenced the fall paint colors?! I'm sure you both had a blast.

My fav pictures are walking in the grass and the kiss. Can't wait to hear which one they pick.

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful little family. You should be proud!