Wednesday, November 02, 2011

november's daybook . . .


I'm going to say something different this month: October should be longer. Maybe another two weeks? There's way too much pumpkin loveliness for a mere thirty-one day month! I know, I know ... pumpkins translate into November too, but let's face it, November is really more for pilgrims, turkeys, and cornucopias. :)

Outside my window... what a lovely, lovely morning. The birds are twittering and rustling around in the leaves. I hear crickets trying to keep warm by rubbing their legs. The sun is peaking up over the hill and it's promising to be a another glorious autumn day.

I am thinking... about our Thanksgiving for this year. We'll have my sister and her family here -- staying here at the camp. So it'll be a pretty huge crew! And we're having dinner under the pavilion on picnic tables, surrounded by God's glorious creation! Should be memorable!

I am thankful... for my darling husband, my children, and family and friends who continue to be so loving, caring, encouraging and supportive. Essentially I just put in the same thing I had last month. Because thankfully it hasn't changed; God is so good!

From the learning rooms... I'm still taking the EQ7 Tutorials. I learned a lot about adding quilt borders last week. I also got a new book on faux applique and have been studying that process. I think I'm ready to put that into application!

In the kitchen... I'm back in the saddle. Sometimes. I'm making dinner most nights, for which Todd is grateful! He's still getting breakfast. Today I'm making potato chowder for Jocelyn and I, and I need to get an apple pie into the oven.

I am wearing... yet another cast. My third this month. For another seven weeks, at least.

I am creating... Christmas stitcheries (from the Christmas stitch along over at Sew Happy Me). And I'm kind of sorta helping Joc with a button craft. Mostly I'm just lending my opinion and telling her how great it looks. Because it does!

I am going... no where this week, until Sunday when we're heading to Neeley's Chapel Baptist Church. Todd and I may tool around in Easy in the campground, too. If the weather holds . . .

I am wondering... when Jesus will return. Please, Lord don't tarry.

I am reading... re-reading Jaye Martin & Terri Stovall's Women Leading Women: The Biblical Model for the Church. It's wonderful. Jaye has been blogging excerpts from the book on her blog, Jaye Martin & Leaders. I'm also reading Beverly Lewis's The Mercy, from The Rose Trilogy. It's been an awesome, awesome series; but I love Amish fiction! And I've been studying out of Romans. Heavy stuff, that. :)

I am hoping... to catch up on laundry today! Gracious it piles up if I don't stay on TOP of it!

I am looking forward to... Lots of things ... baby Ellie's birth, Jocelyn getting here today, Kim and Sawyer's visit after lunch . . . Oh yeah -- and I put my deposit down for our Stitcher's Retreat! It's not until February, but it's so much fun, I'll just enjoy *looking forward to it* for the next four months!

I am hearing... all the critters that I listed under "outside my window". Morning's sweet nature song!

Around the house... it's quiet. It's just only me, for now. :)

I am pondering... these things in my heart. Which means I'm not ready to share them.

One of my favorite things... apple pie with a slice of sharp cheddar and whipped cream. A steaming cup of tea in a delicate China teacup. Quiet evenings at home with my darling husband. Feeling Ellie rabbit kick, fast and furiously, through her mommy's tummy. Sawyer's sweet little kisses. Oh, whoops -- only one thing?! Well darn.

A few plans for the rest of the week... not too many, really. Joc is coming by to spend the day today. We've got no one in the camp this coming weekend. After that we've got groups up here every weekend through to Christmas! This is a first -- until this year the camp's closed in November for the season. I'm so excited that's not the case this year! Oh, and Todd is taking off for a little bit on Saturday to come home and watch the Alabama vs. LSU game that evening. Roll Tide!!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

E is for Eleanor "Ellie" Pearl! This is the button craft that my beautiful Joc started here on Sunday. I think she pinned it on Pinterest -- it's based on a project she saw listed on Etsy. Hopefully she'll be able to finish it today, and I'll have more "process" pictures and a finish pic tomorrow. How sweet that will be on Ellie's nursery wall. I cannot wait for January!

As always, I'll be linking up to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Deanna said...

Lovely, peaceful thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

Carol said...

Thank you for the thoughts and smiles this morning. I love your heart! :)

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

The book you're reading sounds really interesting--I'll have to check that out.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh yes, I wish we could keep that pumpkin loveliness longer too. Giving October a couple more days is a good idea, and it gives us a few more days before Christmas as well.

One of my favorite Thanksgivings was when we went camping. We ate at the main club house - everyone brought potluck. We went as strangers but soon became friends with everyone.

A Gracious Home said...

A great blog and a great picture. I will show it to my grands and let them make letters. I think the answer to you question about Christ's return is; Christ will return when His church is completed. He knows the exact number of Christians who will be saved.

Quilt Hollow said...

I enjoyed my visit...your post. As always...take care!

The Tablescaper said...

November is a wonderful month as it reminds us all how much we have to be thankful for.

- The Tablescaper

Editfolt said...

I own initials: E

Jennifer said...

I love the button initial ... I may do this for my niece for Christmas ... in hot pink and zebra print to match her new room.