Monday, November 28, 2011

up one side . . .



And down the other. It seems to be the major theme of my doctor visits!! This is my third cast removal in two months. Whew! Today's appointment was at 7:30 -- the first of the day. It was a nice change of pace for us. The last two have been afternoon appointments and we've waited 1-2 hours before even getting back to a room. Today we were in and out in under an hour.

The swelling has measurably improved . . . from straight on it really almost looks normal again!! the doc is pleased with the progress, but there's still another week and a half to two weeks of non weight bearing. He gave me a 'cast shoe' that I can wear after that and start putting a little weight (no more than 25% of my body weight) on it, if there's no pain. If there's pain, I'm to hold off.

From the side it still looks rather like a shaved hobbit foot. But better. The incision is healing up very, very nicely!! But you can see where the opening for the ultra sound has been. Doc noticed, too - he switched the opening back over to the inside again.

And so, without further ado, here's cast number four!! And hopefully the LAST cast. I went with a seasonal green this time. I'm thinking Christmas lights and holly. With bells on the shoes, perhaps!

And then, I had the BEST treat this afternoon!! Jean, from Jean Creates, was not too far away visiting family for the Thanksgiving weekend and decided to drive down a meet ME!! She and her sweet husband, Bill, drove to the camp and spent a couple of hours visiting!!

Isn't she beautiful!! The best smile and the prettiest eyes, and a kindred spirit! We have so much in common -- they've spent hardcore time in their Airstream, she's a creative person, and we both met our respective husbands online!! We had a fun afternoon chatting and her visit ended all too soon. I hope I get a chance to meet her again ... hopefully when I'm able to be up and active!!

And as if driving all the way down here to meet me wasn't enough, Jean came bearing a sweet gift -- a quilty book!

It's full of marvelous tips and tricks for quilters -- organization, piecing, tools of the trade, storing your finished quilts ... you name it! But the really sweet thing about this little book?

The inscription from my friend. I'll add today's date to it -- what a sweet memento to remember such a great afternoon, and a lovely lady!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

Wow, what a lovely day you had, as soon as you had the foot detail done! xo

Pat said...

She is the kind of person that you can tell even from just knowing her from blogs that she is VERY nice and kind! I wish I could have been there today with the two of you. (Hey...daughter has met the terrific guy she's now dating...who we really like...online...glad to hear of the success stories you and Jean had with an online match-up!) Let's hope that green cast does the trick and you will be good to go once it's removed!

Quilt Hollow said...

Green works wonderfully! Here I had hoped to simply write "She's Free!"

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the new green! Definitely some stars and bells are needed. What a fun visit for you.

Mary said...

It is so fun to meet the people we know from Online! Green means GO- Go- Go! Glad you are making progress. It still looks sore, though.

AnnieO said...

A bit of a Hobbit foot indeed! But I agree with you and your doc, it looks a lot better. I hope it is feeling a lot better too.

What a lovely visit you had--warm fuzzies last a long time from new friends :)

Editfolt said...

It looks good on your feet. This beautiful green cast. You can draw on it will be Christmas decorations and a Christmas tree mobile.

Mary said...

I do hope this is your last cast. You have had a very long go of it, but kept your sunny disposition through it all. How neat that you got to meet your blogging friend!

Deanna said...

So glad to hear that your foot is coming along so well. Time doesn't heal everything, but it certainly helps in most situations.

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

I hope that's the last cast too!

Denise, I'm giving you the Liebster Award. Check out my site for more info :)

http://www.theforeigndomestic.com/2011/11/received-liebster-award-and-won.html

Sarah said...

Definitly need some lights on that green cast of yours. HaHa. Glad to hear you might be able to do some weight bearing soon - every little step forward helps!

Lee Young said...

Good report of your progress, it is looking better than some of the earlier photos...and glad you didn't have to wait so long to get the cast changed! Christmas green, yes needs some holly, garland, ornaments, something to 'spruce' (pun intended) it up ;)

Glad you had a visit from a new bloggy friend, and that you had so much in common :)

Happy, blessed day!

Jean said...

Your foot actually looks really good. I hope the weight bearing day is a success. I know that's the next big test.

Hugs! It was so fun to meet you! We'll be doing this again...

Connie said...

What a busy busy with good results! Your foot looks better and I love the green cast for Christmas! That was so neat that you could meet Jean and what a sweet gift! I first met Builder Bob online too!