Monday, November 07, 2011

design wall plans . . .

Okay, so this week my design wall is actually the seat and seat back of my couch and sewing chair, respectively. It's easier for a gimpy me to not set up my flannel design wall and just use what's at hand (or butt, as the case more often is)!

Okay, so this is what I've got lined up for this week . . .

On the couch seat: I've got two more of the CSAL blocks traced out and ready to stitch on.


On the couch seat back: I've finished the hand quilting on my Christmas Star table topper and will trim and bind it this week. Definitively. I've really made up my mind on this. Bam. No, forget that. I mean: BAM!!


On my sewing chair seat and seat back: I've pulled my Orange Crush quilt blocks out again. I've got two more to actually piece, but then I've got the material all cut and ready to set them on point in their respective sashings.

I want to get a good handful of these blocks sandwiched and adhesive basted and ready to start lap quilting! I love these blocks; I love the orange and purple together so much! And I've got some gorgeous stencils to quilt with -- I think I've collected a different one for each block.

Okay, so there it is -- everything that I'm planning on. Who knows what will come up, though. (I'm pretty sure I'll also be working on a turkey head this week!) I (usually) love (usually) surprises (usually)! Be sure to visit Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see what other talented quilters are working on this week!!

Happy Monday!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Now I thought I was the only one who put projects anywhere they will 'stick' - no wall here either. Usually they get pinned to my fireplace mantel or my doors to the washer/dryer. Some lovely things are happening at your house.

Bonnie said...

Wow! You've got plenty to pick from close at hand! I saved all of the stitchery patterns too... but I haven't done anything like that in years.

Good for you pulling out your Orange Crush again. Are you going to do Orca Bay? I'm contemplating it. I should do something more complicated than I usually do just for the challenge of it. Sigh.

Happy Stitching...

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

You have a lot going on! I can't wait to see what you do! I'll be daydreaming about how I'll develop this skill someday :)

Mary said...

I hope you are recovering right on schedule, but being gimpy doesn't seem to have slowed you down any. Your lap quilting blocks are really neat and I look forward to seeing the quilting designs you use on them.

Kathie said...

love the Christmas star table topper.

Mary said...

BUSY, lady! That cast isn't slowing you down much...Thanks for all your VOTES!

AnnieO said...

Lots of quilty good variety for you to work on, Gimpy! Glad you've got so much bright color to play with. Love the Orange Crush blocks too.

Jean said...

I haven't died... just been really busy... Miss you!

scraphappy said...

You shouldn't have To go far to find something to work on. Curling up in a chair and sewing the day awa sounds perfect.

Linda said...

Well all of those projects should keep you busy for a few days at least. lol I really like your Orange Crush blocks.

Kate said...

Lots going on at your place. Have fun with your Orange Crush blocks. Looking foward to seeing it all together.

Vicki said...

No getting bored for you!! Nice looking groups of projects.

Pat said...

You are busy as a beaver there! Lovely projects....thanks for posting the photos. I enjoyed seeing them.

Connie said...

Your Orange Crush blocks are so neat! The stitchery blocks are wonderful and also your Christmas Star! I can never believe how much you work on and have space for! Looks wonderful!

Winona said...

Everything is looking good. I love the stitcheries on the red fabric. Makes them look so Christmasy. Your blocks look great too.