Tuesday, March 13, 2012

all boy, all two . . .

What a fun visit we had with the birthday boy, yesterday!  Of course, he had no sooner gotten in the door and he was ready to head back out to go for his 'ride' with Paw-paw on the golf cart!  When they got back, Sawyer was quite happy to stay outdoors -- he so loves being outside.

He is also at that age where stairs hold particular fascination.  He spent the next thirty minutes going up . . .

Then back down . . . 

Only to head right back up . . . 

To then again make the trip down.
It tickled us, too, how determined he was to take those steps on his own.  We're very blessed to have that little iron porch and landing.  When I first had my accident, my boss had the setup made so I could easily get in and out of the RV.  If you've ever seen the steps that go into an RV, you'd know they're hardly manageable with crutches!  Anyway, he built the steps a little shorter to make them easier for me -- and easier for a two year old, too!

All too soon it was time to head home for nap time!
 Happy birthday, my sweet little fellow!  Thanks for coming by to see your Neesey and Paw-paw!  His birthday party is this coming Saturday.  He's having a "mustache" party!  Kim told me that when she held up the mustache to his face, while they were looking in the mirror, he just laughed and laughed!  Saturday should be great fun!

Hopefully, I'll have the Dino quilt finished up.  I've got the top finished . . .
I'm so pleased with how this turned out!  Now to get it sandwiched and back in the machine!!  I'm doing simple stitch-in-the ditch quilting and outlining the dinosaur shapes.  Hopefully it will go pretty smoothly and quickly.  I've got until 3:00 pm on Saturday!  Whoop, whoop!!!

Now I'm off to spend some quality time with my Ellie -- and to vote!!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! Such a fun age - the "I do it!" age! Your quilt it fabulous and I'm thinking it'll be the hit gift on Saturday and for years to come!

Teresa in Music City said...

What a sweet little man! I remember when mine loved going up and down stairs - drove me crazy but they just loved it! Your dino quilt is going to be just perfect for him - great job!!!

Janet O. said...

The quilt turned out great! Don't you love the way it came together?

Cathy said...

It looks wonderful. Your "little man" will love it. Have a great day.

Lee said...

These precious little ones learn by repetition, and it's probably fun to go up and then back down again and again. When my guy was little and first learned to run, he'd run laps around the dining room table! The quilt looks absolutely awesome. The sashing with the different colored corner stones really sets each block off, very nice!

Rachel's Quilts said...

The quilt looks great. Good luck getting it finished.

c. Joy said...

Wow! The way he is dressed and his hair cut make him look more like a little man than seems 'fair.' Babies should be babies much longer... Enjoy this time - you blessed woman, you!

Linda in Calif. said...

He's totally too cute! It's so much fun to have the grandkids around. I do remember when my kids would climb the stairs for hours. He's going to love the quilt you are making.

Mary said...

You have plenty of time before Saturday. You can do it! The quilt looks great. Have fun with your Ellie.

Connie said...

The quilt is so cute and I'm sure you'll get it done in time! Cute pictures of Sawyer and I noticed your steps right away! Much safer than normal RV steps! Thanks for linking!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Sarah said...

LOL - that first picture makes it look like Sawyer is in joail! Can't wait to hear more about the mustache party. I'ld also like to hear more on the plans for Ellie's tea party.