Monday, March 26, 2012

dw busyness and a smile . . .

This week I need to catch up a little.  I've got my UFO for this month ... completing a (one) feathered star block from a 2008 BOM to finish up.
I'd only 'feather set' one block, so there's five to go.  This was the second block I completed (all the interior blocks are done).  

I'm also caught up with my guild's anniversary BOM and just sent out the newsletter out for printing, so I've got the pattern and colors for that block . . . 
I just need to pick the fabrics ... and that will be fun because they are PURPLES!  *yay!*  I'll do that and whip that block up this week, too.  Do head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see what else is hitting designs walls this happy Monday morning!

I've got a lot of e-mail and blog reading to catch up on, as well as ministry work, so I'll be busy, busy, busy!  But before I head out, I just had to share this sweet little shot that Jocelyn captured Saturday afternoon:
Evidently Miss Ellie is not the only one charmed by the sweet little face in the mirror!!

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

c. Joy said...

What a wonderful smile! I'm working on something, hope to be sending you more information soooon. Your blocks are beautiful, I'm a little intimidated. "I can do all things..." I'm just a bit slow. ;)

Cathy said...

Those Feathered stars settings look fascinating. Are there blocks set into the centers? That picture of Sawyer is so much fun. Looks like he's having a wonderful conversation with himself.

big B said...

What a sweet picture! That star block is really pretty - it is always so nice to get those ufo's done!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely star block and the feather block always is a stunner. Hmm, she better hide that mirror - next Daddy will be there.

Jean said...

He's such a ham...

marcella said...

Love the happy face picture! So cute. Have fun with your quilting this week. That star block is great.

Connie said...

What a little cutie!! Can't wait to see your purple block too!

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

You're staying very busy, Denise! I know what you mean about trying to catch up on reading and emails...I still feel like I'm way behind...that's life, right? Great mirror picture! Love it :)

Kate said...

Love the feathered star block. I think I have that same poinsetta fabric!