Friday, March 02, 2012

the wind began to switch . . .

I had a lovely day with my Ellie yesterday!  She spend most of the time sleeping on my chest ... one of our favorite activities together!
But she did have some awake time, too.  Hasn't she grown?! And the darling little hat she's sporting . . . 
My sweet niece, Cecilia, crocheted it -- and the flower, too!!  Isn't it darling?!  And it fits Miss Ellie *perfectly*!!

Did I mention that my sewing machine broke?  Yep.  Right smack in the *middle* of quilt retreat.  Luckily one of the other stitchers had an extra machine -- a Janome, even -- that she generously lent me.  Good thing, too, because the breakdown happened before I'd even started working on the DWQ!!  So, until I get my machine into the shop and fixed, there's no machine stitching going on here.  I will be doing lots of hand work ... and I guess I can get my feathered star all cut and prepped!

We're battening down the hatches here . . . rough weather ahead.  Having personally experienced (on more than one occasion) the damage tornadoes can inflict, not to mention the catastrophe that tornadoes cause in my county last April, I don't take the threat lightly -- especially when local officials/weather officials are especially concerned.  Ugh.  First tornado warning issued ... the fun begins.  I'm glad my hope is not in what the weather does, but in Him!
***Update:  We lost power and the internet before I could post.  Already there's widespread damage in our county -- including the church where my son works.  He IS okay, though.  What scares me is that this is just a precursor to the main weather event which is supposed to hit later this afternoon/early evening.  I sure would covet your thoughts and prayers!  We've got the generator up and running and the internet is back up.  We've got limbs down, but nothing major -- our neighbor, down the way, lost a couple of trees and has the tin roof to someone's shed up in the top of her trees -- blew my MIND!  And just so everyone knows . . . the sunshine is shining, now!***
Stay safe today!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Asiyah said...

Prayers lifted!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers until the all clear - you stay safe.

Lee said...

Praying for you!! We have some strong winds today too, but I'm sure NOTHING like you get there what with tornado/tornado warnings. Please do stay safe!

Janet O. said...

Will be praying for your safety and well-being...and that of those you love!

Jean said...

Breathing a sigh of relief right now. You daughter ok? i hope the weather folks were wrong about this afternoon.

Quiet Quilter said...

My son and family are in northern Kentucky, under Cincinnati...I will broaden my prayers for your family also.....

Sarah said...

Please Please Please be careful and go somewhere safe this evening.

Teresa in Music City said...

Look at that sweet little face!!! So adorable! Makes me want to grab the nearest baby I see and hug the stuffing out of it :*) Sure do miss my own grandbabies...

We are in line for those storms too and I will be praying for your area too while praying for ours =^..^=

Cathy said...

Look at that face!! And the eyes!! Lots of melting and ooo-ing and aaaaahh-ing going on here. Also praying and trusting that the Lord will keep you safe. Where do you go during times like this?

Happy Me said...

I'm praying for your safety!

Mary said...

I saw the path of the storm going up past Texas and right through the Midwest there. Praying for your safety. Hope you have a place to hunker down in your RV.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Ellie looks darling in that sweet hat. Looks like she's soaking in all that love. Sending prayers from the end of the dirt road. Stay safe.

Editfolt said...

I hope you avoid the tornado. Beautiful little girl Ellie! Very nice knitted hat.

AnnieO said...

Fingers crossed here!!! My sister lives in St Louis but it looks like most of the weather passed south. Awful, just awful pictures and stories on the news...courage!

Paula said...

I breathed a sign of relief when I knew you were alright. So glad you have a safe place to go when weather gets bad.
Ellie.... growing and changing so much. I can't believe the changes. So bright eyed. Love the little hat. You are so blessed.
Hugs

Michelle said...

I'm waaayyy behind reading my favorite blogs...but I just want to comment on how beautiful Ellie is and how grown up Sawyer is! And thank the Lord you and your family are safe after those terrible storms!