Friday, March 09, 2012

playing with dolls . . .

Or rather, dolls' quilts.  Errrr ... more like doll quilts in EQ!  I'm so happy just spending hours doodling around in EQ.  Such a fun and peaceful past time!  I've been playing around with the April's quilt for the Doll Quilters Monthly swap.  The theme for April is three colors.  I've seen lots of ideas for blocks to mini-quilts that I'd like to try.  And for the three colors, I've kind of wanted to stay spring-ish.  Here's what I've come up with so far:
 
 
 
 
 
 
All of these pieces measure 22" square (I think that's right).  The piecing just seemed to be easier at that size.  I haven't made a solid decision yet, but I've got a pretty nice selection to choose from.  The fabrics are what I'm really auditioning -- I definitely need to use stash for these series of quilts!  There's still time to sign up if you're interested ... it promises to be lots of fun, with lots of talented quilters participating!

Happy FRIDAY!!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Barbara said...

These are great, Denise. I couldn't choose a favorite either. Do a few more, and you'll have an Amish Sampler quilt!

Cathy said...

Those look like a lot of fun. I spent a lot of time in EQ yesterday, trying to resize a sampler quilt I want to do.

Editfolt said...

very nice block. you look at my shop?

Janet O. said...

I can see it would be dangerous for me to have EQ. Good thing they don't make it for MAC. These blocks all look very nice. You are making all of them?

Paula said...

Nice blocks. They are all great. I just knew the color purple would be there! Along with some orange!
You are to cute! LOL!
Hugs

Barbara F. said...

Hi Denise,just stopping by for a quick visit. Getting better each day. xo

Sarah said...

Lots of nice designs! Because it's snowin and blowin here today I would lean towards one with some kind of windmill or pinwheel.

big B said...

Hi Denise :)
These are all beautiful! I would have a hard time deciding on one three color scheme.
Kim

Connie said...

They all look so neat! Don't you wish we could make real quilts as fast as we can in EQ!

Deanna said...

I like the top one best, but then again I have been contemplating a bears paw quilt and it sort of reminds me of that.