Monday, March 19, 2012

day late and a dollar short . . .

Once again I find myself playing catch-up!  This weekend was the first time a in a long while that I missed a day posting.  Ah well, I expect that it will happen again soon . . . like this week.  Priorities!

Week 12 stash report for this week is a good one:

Used/donated this week: 5.0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 9.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 0.0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 31.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -18.25 yards
Even though I'm a day late, I'm still going to link up to Patchwork Times for the weekly stash report.  I'm really hoping I get to add a huge amount to next week's intake!
Glad Joc is not doing a weekly stash report.  Remember these sweet photos?
Each week she uses a new yard of fabric, which means there's a LOT of fabric purchases by Jocelyn.  When I was watching Ellie last Friday, Joc purchased some new photo 'props':
 
Aren't they pretty and fun?!  Glad I'm not having to make a quilt out of ALL of that fabric!  We're thinking some cute outfits will come out of this stash, too!

The outage is Sawyer's dino quilt . . . which is also what is not on my design wall.
It's sandwiched and ready for the machine.  I remembered last week why I'd sworn off any quilting projects unless they were "quilt-as-you-go" projects as long as we're living in the RV.  Gracious!!  That wasn't even a full twin-sized quilt and it was a booger to put the layers together.  But don't you love the fabric I'm using for the back?  A perfect match for this darling little quilt.  Again, stash ... I've not had to buy a single thing for this quilt -- it's really practically made itself!  Be sure to head over to Patchwork Times to check out other design walls!

Saturday we celebrated Sawyer's birthday.  Kim did a great job setting out a wonderful spread!
And little man had a blast.  He was so much fun to watch!  Especially when it came to birthday cupcake and blowing out the candles . . .
 
 
Oh yeah, that cupcake was goooooood . . . or at least the frosting was!

Ellie joined the party ... but just barely!  She had her party outfit on and everything ... such a cutie!  She's already whispering ideas to her mama for her first birthday party.

I saw this photo and had to include it here . . . do these kids have a chance?  Between Jason and his super-huge camera, James with all his high-tech video gadgetry, and me with my point-and-shoot ... yeah, like Todd says, the most highly photographed kids in the world!!

They're betting today's temps set a record high for our area.  Upper 80's.  Tomorrow is the first day of spring.  Wow!

Hey, ya' know what?!  Have a GREAT Monday!!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Gari said...

What a great dino quilt. I know it is going to be well loved.

Janet O. said...

That backing fabric is great!
You need to rent space in someone's home for your basting time. : )

Barbara said...

Sweet family photos. Sandwiching a quilt is a pain even in a house. I sandwiched a lap size quilt on my hard wood floor yesterday. Not easy on the knees.

Mary said...

Oh yes, Find a buddy with space to share and baste on their table. Or just wait a while and you could set a table up outside to do it. I used the Big Binder clamps on a Banquet table to hold the layers down when I use to pin-baste my quilts.

Barbara F. said...

Such cute kids, photos and nice fabric! Have a great week, too. xo

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful children...good thing they are being so well photographed!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So much fun activities going on! Yes, agree with the statement you need to find somewhere to baste out quilts. Enjoy your week.

Jean said...

Tell me about catching up. Much to be done, but some chores will be put aside until I get some things settled.

I want a birthday cupcake! Yum!!!!

It's snowing just south of us and in the 40s/40s today. Much different from the weather I left in TN.

Jean said...

P.S. Use a picnic table for Pin-basting the quilt.

Cathy said...

It looks like all of you had a great time. What is Joc going to do with all that fabric? Is she going to take up quilting? Or lots of fun baby girl clothes and accessories?

Love Bears All Things said...

Ellie sure is growing...time just passes too quickly, doesn't it.

I finally turned on the AC while I was making dinner tonight. Can't believe it is just March.

Mama Bear

Connie said...

Looks like a fun birthday party! Your quilt is going to be perfect....I can't imagine trying to quilt a quilt in a RV, good luck!

Connie said...

Looks like a fun birthday party! Your quilt is going to be perfect....I can't imagine trying to quilt a quilt in a RV, good luck!

Teresa in Music City said...

Love Joc's idea of pictures on different fabrics each week! I agree with the fabric for the back of the dino quilt - perfect!!! I have no idea how you would sandwich any quilt in an RV!! I have a hard time in a house - sheesh!!!! So glad the birthday party was a big success!

Sarah said...

Chipmunk cheeks certainly hold a lot of cake!! Sew...tell us...what is Joc going to do with 52 yards of fabric other than clothes? That's a lot of clothes but, yet, Ellie is the best dressed little girl :)

Karin said...

What a fun day for the birthday boy! I'll bet he slept well that night! No such thing as too many pictures! Sweet photos of precious time together.