Tuesday, March 27, 2012

a little embarrassed . . .

Yup, that's me . . . I'm a little embarrassed to share that ... well ... I won something else.  LOL!  
Not only did I win, but it was from my darling friend Kris at Lavender Quilts, my Secret Santa who had just sent me the sweet mug rug and teas!
She had a *sweet* set of autumnal fat quarters -- how could I pass up entering for those?  I mean I *am* the original pumpkin girl!
Isn't this a darling FQ?  My mind is already whirling with ideas for something fall and fun with these pretties!  Kris, thank you so, SO much!!!
And speaking of pumpkins, Todd informed me this morning that we have pumpkin vine starting to grow next to the porch . . . where I allowed our turkey pumpkin to rot fade to its natural conclusion.  So perhaps this fall I'll have some home-grown pumpkins to decorate!

I also got my Honeybee Fabrics Spring Flowers block of the quarter in yesterday's mail.  I love flipping through this magazine (New Zealand Quilter) when it comes.  When the blocks are all finished up, I'll be sad to not get this magazine any more!
This month the fabrics are very rich in color!
 And I love these sweet little pansies we'll be making -- don't they have sweet faces?!?

Today will be a busy-about-things day . . . some time with Sawyer, then off to do some book-keeping and some grocery shopping.  And tomorrow is an Ellie day!  Make today great and/or make something great today!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

buy a lottery ticket! LOL! Gurl, you rock the giveaways... I guess if i enter some I'd win...lOL

make it a great day!

Janet O. said...

Congrats on another win. I love fall fabrics--that is a fun pumpkin fabric.
Oh my goodness, what cute pansies! Love 'em!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Congratulations! Looks like you need to get busy with some new projects ;-)

Barbara said...

What fun! Really, it's time to buy a lottery ticket.

Paula said...

Congrats...AGAIN! I want a piece of your rabbits foot! You are SEW lucky! Yes, go buy a lottery ticket...that new RV could be yours! :)
Hugs

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!

Michelle said...

I just love volunteer pumpkins -- enjoy your vine!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

HaHaHa, yes, buy some lottery tickets - you are on fire right now. Enjoy your day.

Pat said...

Yes...buy a lottery ticket and if you win BIG, after giving to your family and the church and keeping some for yourself, be sure to remember all your nice, kind quilting friends!!! LOL

Editfolt said...

You're a very lucky lady.

Mary said...

It's ok to show what you won. I'm happy it was someone who appreciates it. I enter a lot of the Blog give-aways- but don't win or even hear who did. Good For You! Have fun making the pansies.

Connie said...

Congrats on another great win!! Can't wait to see the sweet little pansies you'll be making too!

Kate said...

Great winnings! The blue and brown fabric would have to be my favorite of the set. Have lots of fun with it all.

Momof3girls said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you will make with the pumpkin fabric. I absolutely love pansies! Excited to see how they turn out!

Lee said...

Indeed you are a fortunate one! With your sweet spirit it's easy to see how/why good things come your way.

Oh, and our Halloween pumpkin still lives at the foot of our stairway, but I noticed the contractor moved it out of the way, lol. In past years I set it out on our terraced dirt area to rot away but I've never had anything grow from the seeds. Maybe they've been zapped to sterility, hehe.

Grammasheri said...

Kick that 'ol embarrassment out the door and just flat out ENJOY winning! We're all pleased for ya so just soak up the fun of it!

Happily,
GrammaSheri

Sarah said...

Hmm...I see a fall swag!
Pansies are my absolute fav annual - can't wait to see your block.