Sunday, March 11, 2012

stash report #11 and action packed . . .

Whew, what a busy -- but fun-filled -- weekend!  But before I get into any of that, lemme take care of stash report business.  It was real easy this week; nothing added, nothing subtracted.  

Used/donated this week: 0.0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 4.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 0.0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 31.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -27.25 yards
 
Something should be coming this week that will *drastically* change those numbers . . . but hopefully something will be in the used column for next week, too!  As per the routine, I'm linking up with the Patchwork Times stash report linky!
 
Now, on to the weekend.  It started Friday afternoon ... Todd and I drove south about a 170 miles to Talladega, Alabama to go to a Mission Service Corps (MSC) training and retreat event hosted by the Alabama State Board of Missions (ALSBOM).  This is an annual event, but our first, since we were commissioned as missionaries by the North American Mission Board (NAMB) late in March last year.  (Gosh -- there are a lot of acronyms, aren't there?!?)

We had a marvelous time, met some terrific folks and really did gain some useful information to take back with us.  There are a lot of changes taking place between NAMB and ALSBOM and it was helpful to hear our state's take on it.  It was also terrific to meet several couples who are doing what we're doing as church strengtheners.  It was very reinforcing! We were there overnight and left at noontime on Saturday.  Todd and I drove back to Huntsville and picked up his truck so he could go on to work.
 
I, on the other hand, had some time to kill so I took Princess Buttercup to the car wash for a badly-needed bath and some interior detailing.  Look how pretty she is, now . . . she gleams!
I had time to kill because I was picking Joc up and we were heading to Decatur to see Chonda Pierce!  Todd had gotten me two VIP tickets for Christmas!
We got to go backstage and do a meet and greet with Chonda and Natalie Grant.  Both are darling, down-to-earth women and we were very excited.  Especially since our VIP tickets guaranteed us terrific seats -- second row, center!!

The evening started with Warren Barfield, who was quite funny in his own right.  He was quite the charmer, too.
 
Then Natalie Grant took the stage.  Wow.  What an incredible set of pipes this young mommy-of-three has!  Joc caught this photo of her - great catch, huh?!

And then came the main event . . . Chonda herself.  Oh my goodness, I laughed and laughed and laughed!!!  She is such a riot!  It was very good to sit and laugh and to hear my girl laugh.  We had a great night!

Of course, the weekend wouldn't be complete without pictures of my favorite little people, right?
Joc texted this one to me while we were in Talladega.  What a chunky, happy girl!
 
And James posted this one today ... today is Kim's birthday and tomorrow is Sawyer's birthday.  She's a beauty and my little man, well ... he looks like a little man, doesn't he?!

Between the events, the late nights, and the time change, I see an early bedtime in my immediate future.  And that's after having had a nap this afternoon!

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

I'm glad you had such a nice weekend and the pictures of the grands (and your daughter-in-law) are really nice!

Teresa in Music City said...

Whew! I'm worn out just reading all that!!! So glad you had a good, productive weekned and that it included some fun! Happy Birthday to the little ones!!!

Editfolt said...

This is you car? Beautiful. What brand?

Mary said...

That was a great weekend. I'm so glad you had a good time. I also need to take my car to the carwash, but I just keep putting it off.

Sarah said...

ok - I am thouroughly lost on the acronyms but it sounds like you had a very fulfilling weekend. That time change always does me in altho I will admit it was so nice to have an evening home last night and it was light out past 7pm.