Friday, March 23, 2012

baby days . . .

Yesterday was such fun!  I got to hold and hug and love on my girl, Ellie, while Joc slaved away in the kitchen preparing for Saturday!  Don't you just love the sweet little rolls under her chin?!
I discovered that Ellie really, REALLY likes chatting with herself.  Jocelyn had gotten her a mirror that's about 8.5 X 11, and I laid Ellie on the couch and held the mirror over her . . . she talked and cooed and smiled and gurgled at the sweet baby girl in the mirror for hours!  It was great entertainment both for her and for Joc and I!  (Actually it was rather distracting for Joc -- I mean c'mon -- how in the world can you stay focused in the kitchen when you can hear your precious daughter cooing away in the next room?!?)  If I could have held the mirror *and* a camera I'd have gotten some video or pictures of it, it was such fun!  It was also fun to move the mirror -- her eyes and head had no problem tracking the pretty little baby in the reflection!

Joc did put me to work on stitching up a sweet little runner for her tea table.  She'd picked up this sweet, vintage-looking fabric and some lovely lace for the ends and I made short work of putting it together for her (while Ellie was napping, of course).
I didn't have the wherewithal to snap a picture of the finished product, but Joc gave me the leftovers (just what my stash needs, right?!) so I can at least share from that.  The runner will go lengthwise down the table over a beautiful old tablecloth handed down to her from Jason's family.  The table will be gorgeous on Saturday -- I *will* make sure I snap shots of it!

Today -- well really this entire weekend -- is busy.  And next week is the week of doctors.  Sounds fun, right?!?  Oh, and it's FRIDAY!  Happy Friday!!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Jean said...

So, you know I'm going to ask. How many mints are left? Bwahahahaahahaha! Just wondering...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Precious pink baby, pink table cloth and pink mints!

Cathy said...

She is soooooo precious. That fabric would make a wonderful baby dress. I can see it all gathered for a ruffle at the bottom of a dress, and some eyelet lace somewhere to go with it on the dress, because the fabric reminds me of eyelet lace, with ribbon threaded through it. I'm currently up at Noel and Laurie's, having my very own, just him and me, Avery day. What a joy, and so much fun. Been looking forward to this for a couple of months now. Ah bliss.......

Quilt Hollow said...

Oooooo just so cute...someday I hope to have a grandbaby that coos.

Barbara F. said...

Ellie is so precious, and I am sure Saturday will be a huge success. Can't wait to see photos. xo

Connie said...

Elly is getting so big! Now Denise you know you have to go back and see Elly......and take a picture of that runner for us!!

Linda in Calif. said...

Happy Friday right back at ya! Yes I love the little rolls on her chin. She is just adorable! I do remember just sitting for hours being entertained by my children cooing and smiling.

Gmama Jane said...

I'm hoping to make it Saturday but I may be on babysitting duty with James for Mary Ellen's photography sessions. Everything is dependent on the weather and access to indoor photo venues. So please tell Joc my intentions are good! I want to see and hold Miss Eleanor. I'm going to call her Eleanor since that is such a beautiful name and doesn't need shortening!! I never would allow people to call Matthew Matt and to this day some folks do but he doesn't like it. I had to work hard to keep people from calling him Matt. I would tell them nicley, "His name is Matthew" emphasis on the THEW part of the name!!
Blessings
Jane
BTW, the table runner fabric is so vintage looking, love it
bLESSINGS
jANE

Pat said...

Have a great weekend and thanks for putting a smile on my face describing little Ellie and her chatting with the pretty little girl in the mirror!

Janet O. said...

If I have the good fortune to have more grandchildren I will have to try that with the mirror. Sounds like fun.
And I love names that can be shortened into a nickname--purposely chose such names for my children. Some like the nickname, some prefer their full name, but at least they have a choice.