Monday, January 20, 2014

a fulfilled wall and traveling stash . . .

There is no secret what's on my design wall (actually the kitchen slide out) this Monday morning . . .
Booo-yaaaah!!

I got all my rows assembled and I'm so tickled with the result.  All my cross lines match up so well!
I'll spend this week working on the hand-stitching part.  It'll be a little tougher than it was with the blocks -- it's hard to maneuver that bulk of fabric, stitch, and not catch the fabric on the other side.  But I will persevere!  And who knows, by the next Monday, this may be a finish!!  Linking up today with Patchwork Times and Design Wall Monday!

I also finished my new crochet homework . . .
Another baby doll blankie!  Yay!  I think this one looks much better than the first one.  Practice, practice, practice.  I wonder if I'm ready for a scarf?  Haha!

Lastly . . . I finally got to get into that box of traveling stash (Box #5)! There are loads of fun prints!
There's a darling Moda panel by Sandy Gervais and stripes and gingham and lots of pretties. And a healthy portion of notions and patterns, too!!
I pulled a handful of fun prints from the box to keep, along with a really cute cross stitch pattern/kit . . . 
And wouldn't you like to see what I put *in* the box ?!?!?!
You'll have to win the box to do that! But before you jump in, you must be an active blogger, you must be in the U.S. (it's got to be shipped priority), and you must be willing to abide by the rest of the rules and guidelines found HERE.

So, are you interested?  You wanna see what I've put into the box??  Something in there appeal to you??! Okay then, leave me a comment and tell me what *new* skill you've started working on, or are planning to work on in the coming weeks?  That's it!  I'll keep this open until Wednesday, January 22, at 10:00 p.m. central time and post the winner Thursday morning!

:)

14 noted . . .:

Melissa Bishop said...

Hi there. I'm not entering the contest. Just wanted to tell you how gorgeous your quilt is! Also, I bought some fabric from Walmart last night. I washed & dried it but it still smells of fuel chemicals. Do I just need to wash it more or is it permanent? Has this ever happened to you?

Barbara B said...

Great job, Denise, on both MOC and the crocheting!

It's not new, but I'm working to be more satisfied with free motion quilting--so, being successful at FMQ, THAT would be new!

Nann said...

Your orange and brown sampler looks great. I like the setting.

I'd love to be in the contest! New skill? Our guild's next workshop is with a local shop owner who is a certified Square in a Square instructor. For years I thought the SIS ruler was more work than it was worth, but this instructor did a trunk show for the guild a couple of months ago. Wow! Great design ideas. So the SIS ruler will be my next new skill.

Rhonda said...

Oh, I do love your sampler quilt. The colors are so pretty. Great job!!

Doniene said...

Okay, girlfriend, I'm IN!!!! Oh by the way - love, love, love, love the orange quilt(though you know I don't particularly like orange!!) Great job!

New skill - let's see - foundation paper piecing and possible English paper piecing. Not big projects, just a skill I would like to learn!

I've seen the traveling stash and have wondered about it - you make it sound fun!

Blessings and hugs!

Jean(ie) said...

LOok at you go on the orange crush project! Yay for you!

Count me in on the traveling stash contest.

As for the new skill, I'm bound and determined to learn and complete an applique project that I do correctly from start to finish. (as opposed to my current project challenge).

Jean(ie) said...

Melissa, I'd give the fabric another wash. Sounds like the fabric has a wonky finish on it. Before you quilt with it. Give it a good pressing with starch or sizing. It give the fabric enough body to cut without difficulty.

Kate said...

Orange Crush looks great. Good luck on getting it all finished up.

Janet O. said...

Wonderful job on Orange Crush! So exciting to get that together!!
Your new doll blanket is showing some pretty good work--are you sure you haven't done this before? : )
Don't include me in the drawing--I've got enough distraction without asking for more!

Mary said...

Lots of Orange in that quilt. Not my Fav, but you've done good getting it to this close of finish!

Gina said...

beautiful quilt on your design wall. No contest entry for me as I'm based in the UK xx

Linda Mincher said...

Love the quilt. I am impressed what you can do in the RV. I take handwork with me when we go camping, but nothing large. This week I'm working on knitting a sweater. Never made one before, so it's a challenge. And I certainly think you are ready to crochet a scarf! Nothing to it! That is one crochet item I'm pretty good at! Take care.
Linda

Connie said...

What a beautiful quilt Denise and orange is always a favorite of mine! Your crochet looks like fun too! Please don't enter me in the contest. Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla