Tuesday, January 07, 2014

one block at a time . . .

Yesterday was cold, cold, COLD.  I found an excellent recipe for bread HERE that requires no proofing, no rising.  It made a lovely loaf, from start to finish, in under an hour!  And it was very good -- there may or may not be some left over for today.
Bread fresh from the oven . . . MMmmmMMmmMMMmmMm!!  :)

I got two of My Orange Crush blocks marked out yesterday . . . marking the stencil is probably my least favorite part.  Which is probably why it's taken me so long to get these block finished!  Once I'd marked, I went ahead and finished quilting the inner square of one of them.
I loved the template for this one -- it's perfect!  All that's left on this one are the four squares in the corners of the block.

Here's the second one marked and ready to go:
I've got a stitchers' group get together tonight, so I'll definitely work on getting these finished.  Then it's down to THREE BLOCKS before I can assemble!

Today I'm headed to Joc's for an Ellie day!  I'm not sure what kind of lovely fun we're going to have -- I just know I'm itching to get over there -- I haven't seen Miss Ellie since Christmas Eve.  We were sick, she was sick . . . bleck on sickness!

Speaking of Ellie, someone's turning T-W-O on Friday!  And someone else is turning this:
Into a dress for Ellie (and a matching one for her dolly, too)!  Aren't these fun fabrics??!  Ellie (and her dear little dolly) will be smashing!

Go get 'em today!  

:)

12 noted . . .:

Melissa Bishop said...

I can just see/smell it now. Bread baking, you dewing, a happy home image indeed!

Love Bears All Things said...

Reading this on my pad but I will definitely come back for the recipe

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Bread baking on a cold day just makes the day better. Enjoy your Ellie day and look forward to seeing her little party dress.

Doniene said...

I agree, just smashing!!! A real style statement!!! Bravo for you on the orange crush blocks!!! The bread looks yummy! That's on my agenda today - bread and cinnamon rolls! In the winter, I keep a sour dough starter going.

Have a blessed day!

Barbara said...

That bread looks fantastic!

Janet O. said...

Isn't the aroma of baking bread wonderful? Especially on cold days!!
Miss Ellie will be so stylish!
When do you find time to do it all, girl?

Cathy said...

Happy birthday to Ellie! Isn't sewing for little girls fun!! That bread looks fabulous!

Barbara F. said...

That bread looks so good, D, with a nice warm bowl of soup - yum! Stay warm! xo

Mary said...

Glad you are feeling better and get to have an Ellie Day! I had to go and buy some homemade Bread at my favorite Cookie Tree Bakery. Instant gratification... Moe time to SEW!

Needled Mom said...

The fresh bread looks and sounds delicious.

Glad that all are well and ready to celebrate the big day.

Kris said...

Oh, yum on the bread!! And your blocks are great!! Question though - since you are quilting each block indiviually - how do you block the quilt top when it is put together?? Can't wait to see Ellie's and Ellie dolly's dresses!! Oh, and like Janet is talking!! She gets more done than 3 of us - put together!!

Kate said...

You made a lot of progress in a pretty short amount of time. Hope your Elle day was glorious. (I agree, bleck on sickness!)