Sunday, January 12, 2014

a week ending well . . .

I think you might be able to guess which project got my '15 minutes' each day this week, but so there's no confusion, here it is:
MOC definitely was the winner.  I wasn't counting on the driving momentum that kept me singly focused until that stage of it was finished!  So much for my snowflake and my GC block!  Ah well.  The other thing that I *had* to give my attention to was the stitching of an Ellie dress.  It was time sewing, so of course I counted it!  

Unfortunately, the fabric wasn't mine, so I couldn't include it in my stash report. Which, by the way, hasn't changed a single bit since last week.
MOC has *not* been deducted from stash yet, so as soon as I get this one assembled and bound, that will be a nice usage total to add.  Linking up to the stash report at Patchwork Times!

Whew, what a weekend!  Friday I spent the day stitching the dress and then that evening I got to spend some time with Sawyer and June, while their mommy and daddy had a date night.  Then yesterday morning was spent making a matching dress for Ellie's AG Bitty Baby.  Sheesh . . . it was tougher than Ellie's dress was!  Ha! And then Saturday afternoon we spent at Ellie's birthday party.
As always, Jocelyn did a beautiful job of both decorating *and* setting up a marvelous buffet table!
The food was great and fun and kid friendly!

I tried so hard to get a picture of all three cousins together, but they are *all* SO active, it's nigh impossible! This was the closest I came . . .
Sawyer, June playing with a balloon--her new favorite, Ellie-the-birthday-girl and a bonus child, Emma, Ellie's BFF (or at least Ellie's mommy's BFF's daughter). And they're all in a constant state of motion, so *every* picture I took of a living, breathing being under the age of 5, had a bit of blur to it!!

I did get Ellie to try on her dress for me . . .
But she was so busy, that getting a front picture was tough!
I did get one of her trying to put a necklace on her baby.  That's as close as it's going to get.  Still, she really liked that her baby had a dress like hers.  It was fun and I definitely see more of these in the future!

Today is our last day at Cornerstone -- our assignment has ended.  We announced it last week (you can't announce it too early or you become ineffective) and the sweet folks there are doing a little send-off party for us after this morning's service.  I'm packing an extra set of Kleenex in my purse.  Saying goodbye will be so hard -- especially to my sweet Sunday School girls.  I imagine Todd and I will be quite done in when we get home tomorrow afternoon and I'll probably settle for some handwork on Mr. Owl . . .
He's my go-to hand project that I need to get-to! Anyway, I may put in an episode of the Walton's and do some hand-stitching. A lovely, quiet afternoon! Linking him up to Slow Sunday Stitching on Kathy's Quilts.

Shalom and Happy Sunday!

:)

15 noted . . .:

genie said...

I love seeing your post-it notes...what a great idea. I see your stash is the same but your 15 minutes were well used.vLove the owl. He is going to be precious when complete...he is already pretty darn cute. In December I took part in an owl swap and ended up with some of the cutest little owls ever. Happy slow stitching.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

But how wonderful to have that OC done. Yes, dolly clothes are so hard to make - and time consuming! It has been a while that Mr Owl came out to play.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your owl is so cute...I had the Waltons on the other day for my granddaughter! :)

Kate said...

You've been a busy girl. Elle's dress looks great (and so does her baby's). Enjoy your slow stitching afternoon.

Melissa Bishop said...

I think the last time I saw Mr. Owl, he only had one eye done. He is looking SO good. I love the birthday banner you made. Sounds like you had a great time.

genie said...

Denise...I googled how to get rid of NO RELPY on my blog and found a girl who went thru same thing and put up a tutorial. I did what she said and changed settings. Would you be so kind as to try it again and tell me if it is working. I forgot to tell you I ADORE the banner...I am an OCD banner person. My 75th is coming up and all my children are coming from all over. It would be fun for my granddaughter to put up a banner that said Happy 75th Baga. Where did you get your letter patterns and did you back appliqué them? genie

scraphappy said...

Enjoy your quiet time with Mr. Owl. Looks like you are due after the excitement of the party! Ellie is too cute in her dress. So lucky for dollie to have one to match.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you have some relaxing stitching time with Mr. Wise Owl today. Waltons + Hand stitching = FUN!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Looking forward to that Orange Crush. What a sweetie in her darling dress :D

Jean(ie) said...

So what will be your next mission assignment? I can't wait to hear about it.

Awww. I love it that you can spend so much time with your babies. Gosh, I wish I could do the same. But alas, we chose a different path on the other side of the country.

I need to do that 15 minutes/day thing. Maybe I'd get stuff done! Hahahahaaha!

Ranch Wife said...

Keeping you in prayer today as you and Todd say goodbye and are celebrated! I know that you have been blessed through this ministry and no doubt you leave many blessings with the people you have touched. And you take with you wonderful memories as you embark on new adventures together!
The matching dresses you made for Ellie and her baby are darling. It doesn't seem possible that she is celebrating another birthday so soon. Hers are coming along nearly as quickly as mine! :)Be blessed today sweet lady!

Dee Dee said...

You made so many happy memories this past week. Looking forward to seeing your Orange Crush. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

So, where do you go next? The Walton' s are a good one to watch when feeling nostalgic. Ellie's dress and dolly too. You've been busy. Happy Stitching.

Janet O. said...

Oh, those blurry children are all too familiar in the photos I try to get of my grandchildren at times. : ) Looks like a great party and what a cute shot of Ellie in her matching dress with her baby.
I'll bet it is hard to end those associations as you come to the close of an assignment. You have been a blessing in their lives, I'm sure.

Jo said...

Your owl is a hoot.
Busy lady