Wednesday, January 15, 2014

mid-week happies . . .

A quickie (yeah, right!), mid-week, update post:

Yesterday, I spent a fun day with my Ellie-belly-baby . . . oh what a fun day we had!  Ellie showed me her fave rocking cow (a gift from mommy and daddy).
She also demonstrated her new found skills ... she's practicing for olympic trick cow riding . . .   
Look at that foot placement!  Girl's a natural.  Ummm, but don't tell her mommy I was encouraging this, please!  Hahaha!!

Then she showed me her new baby crib . . . 
Ummmm, okay Goldilocks wannabe . . . Baby Bear will not be happy if you break his bed!! (Oh yeah, don't tell her mommy about this, either.)

Then, since the weather was *so* nice, we played outside in her little sports coupe.
Can you tell how windy it was?  Check out her hair, blowing all over the place!
In the end, I think it was the hair in the wind that ended our outside time.  Trust me, this girl will never be the convertible type -- she hates her hair blowing in her face!!  She also didn't care for the sun in her eyes.

From there I headed to Patches and Stitches to look for my lavender 'Evening Mist' fabric for My Orange Crush.  I knew it was a small chance they'd have it, but I thought I'd take a look.  They didn't have any, and would you believe, they just sold the last of it in the last month or so?!  Crazy!  Instead of ordering fabric and having to wait, I decided to go ahead and see if I could find something close.
I ended up picking this.  It's really close in color and because the strips are *so* small, I decided that color was more important then pattern, necessarily. I think I'm right: 
What do you think?  The new fabric is along the bottom of the row!  

And . . . guess what came in yesterday's mail??
Whoohoo!!!  I had a little extra Christmas money and found a good price for it online . . . and I wish I'd done this SOONER!  Oh my gosh -- I loaded it and it's fabulous!

Then, to cap off what had already been a fabulous day, James, Kim, Sawyer and June joined us for dinner at the camp -- and Kim brought a yummy dinner!  We had a picnic style supper in front of the fireplace at the pavilion.  It was such fun and Sawyer definitely enjoyed his dessert of chocolate cheesecake . . . 
Brings new meaning to the phrase, "Cheese!" (Yuck!)
And June was introduced (by me, of course) to the pleasures of whipped cream straight from the can! Haha! She kept her mouth open for about thirty minutes after that, waiting for another shot!

Still working on all the ministry paperwork, but I've had time to do some hand stitching on MOC -- only eight more strips to stitch down and I'm ready to assemble rows!  Tomorrow is hugely busy and Friday is our ministry's annual board meeting, but Saturday is a stitch-in -- so I hope to make great progress over the weekend!!

:)

12 noted . . .:

Lee said...

Fun times with the grandkids - doesn't get any better :) When my daughter was about Ellie's age it was summer, and we couldn't keep clothes on her. She loved riding her bouncy horse like Lady Godiva...and I could blackmail her if I were a mean mama, lol.

Doniene said...

Great "MID-WEEK Happies!!!

Blessings!

Barbara F. said...

The grands are so darn cute, I bet you just have a ball with them! Getting so big. xo

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Little girl after my own heart - free spirit! Oh, yummy - whip cream in a can right to the mouth.

Janet O. said...

Do ya think Neesey will be out of a job when Mommy reads this post? : )
Your fabric choice really works for me!
Boy, you are really a troublemaker, aren't you? Whipped cream from the can? Oh please!! I still blame my Mom for introducing my daughter to root beer floats when she was only about 6 months old. She still loves them way too much!! : )

Mary said...

What happens at Grandmas shouldn't be all on the BLOG, HUH? It's a wonder our children survived, I think some times. We cal the smiling with food a Train wreck. Nice to have dinner brought in. Congrats on finding something to work for your sashing. Did you ask around the WEB?

Lyndsey said...

Your mid week happies have set me up for the day ahead. i'm grinning like the Cheshire cat. Keep up being a 'troublemaker' it makes life so much more fun.

Celia Ambrose said...

Your photos made me laugh outloud! So sweet, our grandkids that bring such pure joy. Thanks for sharing her pre-Olympic practice. Loved all the photos.

genie said...

Grandchildren are the most wonderful gift in the world. It makes all those rough times of life worth it all. Those cow horse are just tattoo cute. I am grinning from ear to ear And your fabric...I love it. What a nice choice. It blends so well. genie

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it was a mid week filled with baby giggles - the best kind!!!

That fabric should look great with the blocks.

Barbara said...

What's the use having grandchildren if you can't teach rhem bad habits? Whipped cream from the can? Count me in.

Love Bears All Things said...

Thank you for sharing your time with the wee ones since mine are all so grown up now.
Mama Bear