Sunday, January 19, 2014

reporting in . . .

What a WEEK!  I feel like I went non-stop every single one of the past seven days! It amazes me, actually, that I was able to get the five solid fifteen minutes of sewing in that I did . . .
Friday ... I think I was so darn tired by the time I got home Friday and got dinner ready, I didn't care about anything else.  LOL!  Anyway, I need to find something different to work on -- I'm getting tired of seeing, "My Orange Crush" on post-it notes!

My stash report isn't all that original, either . . . 
The intake is the purple fabric I purchased to finish up (what else?) MOC.  Linking up to Patchwork Times!

Yesterday I headed out for our Stitchers Etc. group -- we had our bi-monthly stitch-in.  Wanna take a guess at what I brought with me?  I'll give you three and the first two don't count!
Yup -- purple fabric for MOC -- got all the cutting done for my horizontal strips, plus got them folded and pressed *and* I got all the binding cut and those strips folded, pressed and ready!  Whoohoo!  I guess another week or so of MOC in the 15 Minutes report!  It's nice to know that when I get serious about something, it's full-speed-ahead.

I also tried my hand at something new.  One of our group does lovely crochet work (actually, several of our ladies do lovely crochet or knitting) and agreed to help me learn some basics.  We started with cotton yarn and a size "I" crochet needle . . . 
And I have a *finished* project--a cotton wash cloth (or a little bitty baby blanket)!  I'm rather proud, I have to say.  Ashley was a great and *very* patient teacher.  My homework is to make a second one, making sure (this time) that my rows stay consistent.  Ha!

So I'm set up for about an hour or two of hard sewing this afternoon (getting those rows stitched together) and then I plan to take it real  s l o w  and work on the hand stitching aspect of getting those rows finished! I'm really looking forward to that part of my afternoon/evening.  Are you doing any hand-stitching?  You ought to mosey on over to Kathy's Quilts!

Have a peace-filled Sunday!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Needled Mom said...

They say it is good to stay busy!!! Great work on the crochet!

Charlene S said...

Sounds like you had a great week. I love that purple.

Sherry said...

Great projects, looks like you have been busy!

Dee Dee said...

A new grandbaby - so exciting! I really like the purple you are using in your MOC quilt.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sounds like your mojo is in full speed ahead. Congratulations on a new grandbaby. Looking forward to where all the purple is going.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on learning a new hand work skill!!
ENjoy your slow stitching today!

Deb A said...

Crochet is so fun. Great job tackling new skills.

Kate said...

You are really making those 15 minuets work for you. What came home with you this week should go out soon since are getting so closed to finished with the top.

Melissa Bishop said...

It's a Barbie comforter! It's cute and you did a great job on it.

Janet O. said...

I'd say you did real well with your goal. We all have days when we just can't do as planned.
I can understand the "getting tired of" one quilt. I seem to end up with a large quilt on my design wall for months at a time before I finally get it sewn together and removed. By that time I am so tired of seeing it, I don't want to sew it together. : )
Nice job on the washcloth. I have lots of friends who make those and I have a drawer full, so I have decided not to make them myself and just enjoy the fruits of their labors! : ) (I know, I'm lazy, but I've come to accept it.)

Jean(ie) said...

Hey, the crochet looks great. I meant to say that on the other post. It's square! When I crocheted, my squares came out trapezoids.

I'll stick to quilting. ;)