Wednesday, January 22, 2014

this girl is on fire . . .

(Quick note here:  if you've ever heard this song sung, you know the singer is *definitely* not from the South. Otherwise, it would have sounded like this:  "This girl is on faaaaaaar!"  LOL!)

Well *this* girl is on fire.  Or perhaps it's the quilt ... or the sewing machine.  One of the three is, cuz we're smoking!
Yes, my friends, this is a picture of a quilt whose binding has been machine-stitched!

I put the final hand stitch in the stripping on the way to our presentation last night. Speaking of which, it was a great group of women (and even the churches Missions Director showed up to listen in) and there actually turned out to be a good-sized crowd. I completely lost my head and forgot to take a single picture.  Ugh. But Todd and I both enjoyed it and left encouraged!  I was so encouraged I headed right to the sewing machine to get the binding in place!  And since I started this post with a song, I'll end that way, too . . .
♫♪This quilt was made for binding.
So that's what I'm gonna do.♫♪
♫♪One of these day this quilt is ♫♪ gonna warmly wrap 'round . . .
ME!!!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Momof3girls said...

I can't wait to see the finished prouduct! :)

Melissa Bishop said...

Love it!

Cathy said...

Look at you go!! All those pieces whipped together.... keep on whipping, whipping good. Another song to go through your head. LOL!!

Lee said...

So glad you're not singin' the blues :) You'll have that quilt wrapped around you in no time!

Jean(ie) said...

love it! keep singing :)

Linda in Calif. said...

lol!! This is so funny. Oh it does feel good to get the binding on a quilt. I machine stitch mine on too. I love your crazy quilt on your header.

Janet O. said...

*LOL* You crack me up!
Good job on nearing the finish line, girl!
Hey, congrats on a successful evening. Wish I could have been there. : )

Michelle said...

Woohoo...good job!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love your songs. Glad your presentation went well.

Teresa in Music City said...

Okay - now I'm gonna be singing "These boots are made for walkin'" all day!!! And I'm delighted to hear that your presentation went so well :)

Kate said...

Way to go! I'd race you as I've got one in the stitching the back mode as well, but I think you'd definitely beat me.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that photo of a finished quilt with the clips on the binding just waiting to be stitched!