Sunday, January 05, 2014

sticky notes . . .

Since I report stash on Sundays (and I will try to get back onto weekly posting this year instead of the monthly), I figured that would be a good time to report on my 'fifteen minutes' in the sewing room, too.  Mind you, I'm not recording my actual time . . . just know it's at least fifteen minutes!  And since hand work does get me closer to finishing, I'm including that as time spent.  And though I may try to get in time on Sunday, I'm not reporting it.  Just so ya' know (and because the cute clip art I found only had a six post it notes).
Low maintenance reporting right there!  ;)
The incoming stash is all from my New Year's Day activities!  :)

I finished the GC Block 11 - Little Red Schoolhouse - yesterday:
I don't know what I thought was going to be so difficult.  It went together rather easily.  I had a little trouble with the second irregularly shaped blue piece ... but then it behaved itself.  It's supposed to get so cold here overnight that I expect smoke will be rising from those little chimney stacks tomorrow morning!

Today Todd and I are holding a Discovery Class workshop at church . . . participants take a variety of tests; personality, spiritual gifts, abilities, passions, life experiences and love/appreciation language -- and it helps them to see where in ministry they're best suited!  I'm looking forward to it -- we've got a full class!

When we get home, I'll be ready for some down time and some Slow Sunday Stitching!  I'll be working on quilting this pear blossom stencil on block number eleven of My Orange Crush!
Linking up to the stash report at Patchwork Times and also to Kathy's Quilts.

Happy Sunday!

:)

21 noted . . .:

Ellen said...

Oh...that quilting design is going to be lovely.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You look like you have a busy day that will need a little slow down time.

Deb A said...

Greta quilting design for your quilt. That is the part that tends to stop me - I'm never sure how to finish them off.

Dee Dee said...

The class you are teaching sounds like a lot of fun. Hope everyone has a great time.

Kate said...

You've had a great week! Love the little school house block. The class sounds like a great learning opportunity for everyone. Hope you have lots of fun students.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the design you have marked on your quilt. Nothing better to relax than to sit down and put in a few stitches.

Needled Mom said...

I love the design you have planned for Orange Crush. The house looks great too.

Harriett said...

Love that little house block and your new blog design. Have a wonderfully full day.

Love Bears All Things said...

Good job. Like the clip art

sew.darn.quilt said...

Your quilting is lovely. I tend to get stuck in a FMQ rut. Your school house block is sweet.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The school house is cute and the quilting is lovely!

Quilter Kathy said...

Enjoy your quilting today - every stitch is a prayer :)
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Debra said...

Great quilting - Enjoy every stitch!

Beth in MN said...

Love the post-it notes. The house block is adorable. Did you do the crazy patch at the top?
Hugs

genie said...

How could we live without our blue an purple pens. They are a “must have” in my life. Your pear blossom is going to be so pretty on the square...which is already lovely. Adore your school house block. I made a little wall hanging with these cuties years and years ago. It is one of my favorite patterns...I guess because I taught for 54 years. Like your choice of fabric.

Cathy said...

That's a neat quilt design. Is that an old Bonnie Hunter mystery????

Janet O. said...

The house block looks so cozy! I have lots of trouble with the set-in seams. Yours look really good.
I like low maintenance anything--and that is very cute clip-art for yours! : )
Sounds like a fascinating class you are teaching.

genie said...

Thanks for the visit. I do not understand the “no reply” business. It seems like someone said she couldn’t reply on my blog a while back. I thought I had replied to you via my http://buttonsforbaga at bloodspot.com but your note showed up on my Climbing the Digital Mountain one. Bizarre. Sometimes the internet totally confuses me. My quilting block project is up this week on Buttons. genie

Kris said...

I love the little house and I really like how your orange crush block is coming along. One of these days, when Janet O.'s life and my life settle down a bit, she has promised to teach me hand quilting!! I have the perfect project I am saving for it!! Your class sounds delightful - that group of tests sound fun as well as intimidating!! LOL!! Hope your day was extra special!! xoxox

Lyndsey said...

Great work this week and the school house block looks fab.I'm trying to do 15 minutes sewing a day but I'm thinking of missing out Sunday because it is about church and family.

A Nudge said...

Lovely stash enhancement, Denice!
Love your projects.