Tuesday, January 21, 2014

weather forecast = stitching . . .

It is a grey, cold, blustery day and as I look out the RV window, one minute it's sleeting and the next it's snowing. Hard to believe that yesterday's temps got into the 60's! Anyway, today's forecast makes it the perfect day to do this . . .
Two and a half strips sewn, three and a half more to go!  Add a pot of tea to the picture and we've definitely got a winner.  I'm already enjoying snuggling up in this quilt.  :)

Todd and I are headed to Hartselle, Alabama, this evening to speak about our ministry to the Women on Mission group at East Highland Baptist Church.  And while Todd is typically the public voice for the ministry, since he knows how much I love to speak to women, he's handed this one to me. Yay! Have power point, will travel!

Speaking of traveling . . . if you're interested in the Traveling Stash box, be sure to check it out HERE.  It closes tomorrow evening!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love seeing phootos of hand stitching. Please be careful if traveling - may want to call ahead if things are really bad and cancelled. We are to get some of this storm our way tonight, but not as bad as south of us - I hope.

Teresa in Music City said...

You look so content :) The weather is doing the same thing here! And my tea is right at my side ♥ Snowing like crazy right now. Will be praying for you as you speak tonight - blessings!!!!

Cathy said...

Sounds like a perfect day for doing exactly what you are doing. It's something like -19 celsius here, so I'm not going too far. Hope you have a safe drive to where you are going tonight. Sounds like the roads might get a bit treacherous. Praying God's blessings on you as you speak, and the women as they listen.

Needled Mom said...

I need a forecast like that to get something accomplished around here.

Melissa Bishop said...

I am so impressed. hand sewing is not my thing but it obviously is yours. It is turning out great. Good luck with your speaking engagement. You're going to be great!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow Denise I sure hope you are staying warm in your RV. We had a high of 71 today, but it is supposed to drop down to 39 tonight :-( And tomorrow night 32!!! Yikes!! Too cold for this Florida girl ;-)

Jean(ie) said...

Ah yes, the katty-whompus weather of the mid-south. Yup. Not knowing what to wear/do from one moment to the next.

Stay warm and have fun tonight. I know this is our passion, and for that you will speak well.

Jean(ie) said...

Your passion... Oops, typo.

Janet O. said...

Sounds like it was a cozy, indoor day for you. Hope things went well at your speaking assignment. I bet you were great!

Kate said...

Nasty weather is such great quilting weather. Hope your presentation went well.