Monday, November 19, 2012

drab design wall . . .

I got nothing for you this morning.  Nothing I can show.  My mini-hexies quilt is still being quilted . . . I've got gifts I'm working on (no peeking!) . . . a hop pillow I'm working on (Holiday Lane Pillow blog hop begins Wednesday!) . . .
a couple of swap quilts I'm working on . . . and June's baby quilt.  I guess I could show a picture of that . . .

I *did* convert the bear paw block to a 3.5" block in EQ ... so it's ready for mini-quilt construction (some day)!  
I think this is the setting I've settled on.  This was inspired by Judy's design wall last week.  It probably still needs some tweaking, but I decided I really like the darker sashing, especially with the lighter strips offsetting the bear's paws in the blocks themselves.

I've got another wreath I want to make.  I've got all the materials, so perhaps soon.  This one, that I saw in the craft shop in Maryland . . .
Only with a hat.  He's calling me pretty loudly (I think you can probably see why).

The sewing bunk room is still a mess and that tends to crush my will to be creative.  I need to do something about that (other than take pictures that I'm too embarrassed to post).  
But being on my feet for too, too long has been something I've resisted over the last two weeks.  The stitches are coming out of my foot this morning, though, so perhaps this week will be the week!  (Yeah, because tidying the sewing bunk room rates right up there with my Ellie day, taking Sawyer to the fire station for dinner with Paw-paw, and getting ready for Thanksgiving.) 

Maybe next week?

Maybe I need *more* inspiration . . . so I'm heading over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to look at other design walls.  If her internet has been up and working.  If not, maybe it's all a SIGN!  

Happy Monday!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Linda said...

You have some great projects started! Love that baby quilt!
I had to clean up my sewing room (as much as possible) because family comes in today. Nothing like embarrassment as motivation. I certainly didn't want them to see it in it's "normal" state!

Connie said...

Great projects Denise and I'm like you....if my sewing room is a mess I'm not creative. Can't wait to see your pillow!

Janet O. said...

You have lots to show and it is all good--what are you talking about, woman? : )
Cheers for getting your stitches out! That is progress.
A messy sewing room just says you have been creating. That is what I tell myself, anyway.

Love Bears All Things said...

I love the Snowman wreath...did you get instructions for it or do you plan to write your own?
I know what you mean about the sewing room being messy and effecting your muse....I can't do anything when mine is messy but then we can't do much creating without messing it up either, can we?
I have been busy quilting and am now tacking the binding down. Soon and very soon this project I've been working on since October 2011 will be finished. Hooray!
Mama Bear

AnnieO said...

Darling quilt design for June! Love it. My sewing area is a disaster and barely workable just now. I have to clean it up on Wednesday before company comes for the big day so at least having a deadline will help :) Good luck with all your projects in play!

Bonnie said...

Love the coloring and the mini bear paw blocks. Excellent use of color. I wish I was that adept at EQ. I keep doing simple things and so I'm getting better...

Congrats on getting the stitches out.

Jean(ie) said...

I need to get ironing so I can post my Farmer's Wife progress. But that will be after I finish a few tasks... Perhaps the ironing can be a reward.

Yes, ironing is a reward. A warm activity for chilly fingers and toes!

Mary said...

3.5" Bar Paws, can we call you Crazy? Cute Snowman wreath. I'm not taking any pictures of my Quilt Zone. I crop out the bad part whenever I do straighten any part of it up. I'm busy and tired just thinking about all I have yet to do before company comes for Thanksgiving.

QuiltSwissy said...

Love the baby quilt! It will be wonderful. I kinda like to do those minis as well, even though I have no patience, I still love them.

That wreath is too darned cute!!!

glen

Lee said...

THAT'S the excuse I can use...my sewing room (er, the whole house) is a mess...inhibits creativity. Um, I really don't think it's crushed you too much, I see all those pretty things you post that you've been working on. Hope the stitches came out easily and that foot is mending well!

Kate said...

Ooh, very cool mini version of Judy's quilt.

Hope the stiches came out with out a hitch and that you get a chance to fit in some of your own kind of stitching.

Sarah said...

I also need to clean up my studio space. It's getting a little crowded on the cutting, sewing and ironing surfaces! I've got a party scheduled in a couple weeks which is a good reason for a good overall cleaning and some holiday decorating :)