Tuesday, November 13, 2012

easily distracted . . .

Yesterday was rainy, cold and dreary.  A good day to stay curled up and stitch.  And I'm happy to report that I did do a little bit of that . . .
After taking care of a little administrative work on the home/ministry front, I stitched down four of the seven hexie patches.  Yay!

But after visiting Judy's design wall, over at Patchwork Times, I have to admit I was lured by the potential I saw in her blocks.  It's just a simple Bear Claw block, but she's sent it on point and used some gorgeous fabrics and my mind couldn't focus on anything until I pulled up my EQ and played and played and played some more. I have that sweet little pile of batiks just *begging* to be used and here are some of the results of my playing . . .






Like I really need to be distracted by another new project!  Oh but I was having so much fun ... and I'm thinking perhaps if I at least keep it on EQ, then it's not cluttering up my mind *or* my sewing room, right??  I think I may have Quilter's ADHD.  No where else ... just in my quilting mind.

Joc, Ellie and I are taking a trip to Hooked On Quilting to look at fabric for Ellie's stockings!  Hmmm....a fabric store trip.  Hmmmmmm.

And today is the wrap up day of the UR Priceless hop!  Be sure to *hop* through today's offerings ... *especially* Madame Samm's over at Sew We Quilt!!


And have a marvelous day!!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

Beautiful designs! I love the Bear Paw - it's perhaps my favorite block of them all, and I love the way Judy sets these! Sometimes ADHD can be a good thing :*)

Sarah said...

so many fun batiks to play with. which setting did you choose?

P. said...

Your EQ designs give the bear paw new life! I really like the first one. It's so colorful and reminds me of bright flowers.

QuiltSwissy said...

I never thought of changing the background to a dark. But i like it so much better!
glen

Momof3girls said...

You were busy! I like the first and last bear claw designs.

Hope you have a fun day and add lots of new fabric to your stash. :) Maybe then I won't feel so guilty!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Darn! You have to go to a fabric store. What a sacrifice for you to make ; ) Don't get (too) carried away!

Karin said...

I love how that purple makes your pretty hexie flowers pop - so pretty! And I too fell in love with Judy's quilt - isn't it fabulous! The wheels have been turning in my head too. I am a newbie to EQ, but I may need to play on it too. I'm a little intimidated by it. :)

Jean(ie) said...

I get quilter's ADHD, too. Maybe I need to get EQ so I can work it out in my mind.

I Love the hexies. Did you use pre-cut paper or did you cut your own?

Barb said...

I love your HALLOWEEN QUILT and you playing with EQ...fun!!! I don't know if I am smart enough!

Janet O. said...

Your little hexie quilt is taking shape--so fun!
Your Bear Paw designs are wonderful--I like the dark background, too. It is such a good thing I have a MAC and can't do EQ. I would never sew. : )

Barbara said...

Oh that's so pretty. I like the first one best.

made by ChrissieD said...

I'm working on a Bear's Paw at the moment but each block is the same colourway. Love your ideas :)

Vicki H. said...

love the bear paw designs and I love being distracted in that way!! I have been working on a bit of everything here...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great play in EQ - like the first one, but what possibilities! Enjoy your day out.

Quilt Hollow said...

Here I am! I was finally able to get the whole page to load this time around and could leave a comment! Yeah!!!!
I loved the layouts of the bear's paws!! I seriously need to make the time to play with my EQ more...but then I would lose sleep!

Connie said...

Beautiful work Denise, don't you wish we could actually create them in fabric as easily as we do in EQ! I like all of them, hope you had fun at the quilt store! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Kate said...

I was doing such a good job of ignoring Judy's latest project, but your EQ fun is making that a lot harder! Beautiful ideas for that project.