Sunday, November 18, 2012

rash of stash (report #46) . . .


Surprise, surprise, right?  LOL!  Between my own fun purchases, some sweet giftings, and my silent auction win (which technically counts as a fun purchase, but why split hairs), I did a nice little bit of enhancing!

Used/donated this week: 0.0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 45.5 yards
Purchased/added this week: 5.5 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 172.5 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -127.0 yards

So much for the "definite step in reduction" I claimed last week!  Bahahaha!!  I'm not sweatin' it.  Make sure you head over to Patchwork Times and check out the rest of the stash reports!

Sawyer and James came over yesterday to give Kim a bit of a break: 
James drove us around on the golf cart . . . and once again we couldn't rustle up any deer . . . but we did spot some minnows down in the little creek!  Sawyer is so exuberant about everything that he really needs to have an arm about him, that close to the water's edge!

This afternoon it'll be back to hand quilting on my mini-hexies . . . can't think of too much better a way to spend the afternoon ~ slow Sunday stitching!   Will you be stitching, too?  I hope so -- have a lovely Sunday!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

scraphappy said...

I'll be prepping some handwork for holiday car trips. Enjoy your hexes-- sounds like the perfect way to wrap up a busy week.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is such a great photo of what mothering is all about - sharing the wonder of the world with your child, but protecting them from the dangers at the same time. Gives me a warm fuzzy! WIsh my kids were that age again when the protection part was easier!
ENjoy your slow stitching moments today! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Kate said...

I finally decided my stash enhancement counts as contributions to the fabric equivalent of my 401K account (DeeDee of DeeDee Quilts made that connection for me).

We had the same problem with DT when she was little. Put her anywhere close to the water, no matter the weather, and she'd find a way to get into it!

Janet O. said...

I am so glad I am not answering to anyone or reporting to anyone the activity in my stash. What happens in the sewing room, stays in the sewing room! : )

Cathy said...

I like your numbers. Just think of all the wonderful future quilts there, just waiting to be created. And what a beautiful setting you have there to have fun times with Sawyer.

Doniene said...

Pretty impressive stats!! I don't have a clue what I have - just know what I don't and what I want!!! lol!!!!

Sawyer is such a doll - don't tell him that - but I just smile when I see the joy of life in his little face!!

blessings

Jean(ie) said...

I think Tonight I'll be ironing. Need to press some blocks I recently hand-stitched.

Got some cute stuff at the show yesterday. You would have loved the Bird Brain Designs booth. Serious, major, love...

Teresa in Music City said...

Unfortunately, I never got around to doing any stitching today, but I really enjoyed a fun day with my family at the football game :*) I'm hoping to sew a little tomorrow while they are at work. I love additions to the stash - even when they aren't mine :*D