Thursday, November 01, 2012

my early treat . . .

After playing a bit of a "trick" on us all, June finally arrived very early in the morning on October 31!  She decided that she didn't want to be a pre-Halloween baby ... she wanted to be the treat-to-end-all-treats!!  And indeed she is . . . 
June Madelyn ~ October 31, 2012, 4:26 a.m. ~ 8 pounds, 4 ounces ~ 20-1/2 inches 
Jocelyn took Sawyer out trick or treating last night.  Once he got past the first couple of houses and got the hang of it, he had a *blast*!!!
Joc said he was telling everyone, "I'm Buzz Lightyear!  I got big muscles!!" Don't tell him he was wearing an Iron Man costume. Buzz Lightyear is THE MAN right now, so that's who Sawyer determined he was going to be!  
He raked in quite a haul, too, considering they only went down one street!! Jocelyn noted to us that she was going to have to implement the parent tax on Halloween candy.  Can't say as I blame her!

Eleanor, on the other hand, was not so impressed with Halloween . . . 
It was too cold for her to wear her costume and her mommy wouldn't let her have any candy.  Where's the fun in that?!?

One last look at my beautiful little June . . . 
Oh my gosh ... isn't she gorgeously beautiful?!?  Look at those sweet cheeks and that shock of hair!  She's the spitting image of her mama.  And I love her sweet little cupid's bow lips!  Just scrumptious!

Kim had a rough time of it and ended up having to have an emergency c-section after twenty hours of labor, so yesterday was a recovery day and she and James requested no visitors.  I'm hoping to be able to get in there today and hold that sweet little bundle myself!!

Definitely linking up to Favorite Things Thursday today!! 

:)

29 left a comment . . .:

Linda said...

What a wonderful treat! Granddaughters are wonderful, aren't they? She's a beauty! I hope your daughter recovers quickly and can fully enjoy this blessing!
Little Buzz Lightyear is adorable, too!

Linda said...

Oh, I didn't mean to leave out little Eleanor! Poor thing! She's beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congrats Grandma - they are all precious.

Barbara said...

She's just beautiful.

Madame Samm said...

A halloweeen baby...just a delightful sweet package....blessings to all

beaquilter said...

congrats! look at those chubby cheeks....

Paula said...

Oh my! She is breath takingly beautiful! Congrats to all.

I love Sawyer's "Buzz Lightyear". What a rough and tumble type of guy he is.

Poor Ellie! She does not look impressed at all.

Congrats Grandma!

Sheila said...

June is a beautiful baby and the best kind of treat for Halloween . Sawyer is a real cutie too .

Cathy said...

Congratulations and God's blessings on you all. She is one scrumptious little morsel. Perfect kissing cheeks. She is beautiful.

Barbara F. said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter. She is beautiful. The photo of Ellie in the stroller is precious. Sawyer looked so cute as "Buzz". xo

Barb said...

She is just precious...and I am so jealous!

Karin said...

What a sweet treat you've been blessed with! I'm sorry Kim had a rough time and I pray that she gets the rest she needs. Look at that darling face - what a dear, little pumpkin! You are growing quite the collection of darling grandchildren! Ellie make me laugh in that photo. It looks like she's saying, "REALLY?! THIS is what all the fuss is about?" And Sawyer makes the perfect 'Buzz Lightyear'!

Sheila said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congratulations...what a sweet 'treat' your new granddaughter is!!! :o)

Melissa Bishop said...

She is beautiful! How exciting!

Janet O. said...

I see Sawyer in that little face of June's. Oh, those cheeks!
Hope Kim is improving.
My youngest was due on Halloween, but born two days early. It can be crazy at times coordinating all of the birthday celebrating with the Halloween festivities, costumes and treats.

Susan said...

Congratulations to the whole family! What a wonderful way to end out the month!

Momof3girls said...

Congratulations! She is so precious and the last picture, she looks just like Sawyer. :D

Mary said...

June will think all the fuss at Halloween is just for her! I had one of my babies around the 4th of July and he thought the fireworks were all for him. She's just precious! Give her kisses for all of jealous grandmas who want more of the Pink versions. Maybe 2013 will bring me another one. I foresee more sleepovers for Neecey and Sawyer while Mommy recoups. :)

AnnieO said...

Congrats on your trick or treat prize! She does have the sweetest rosebud mouth, I agree, and will fit right in with your other adorable grandbabies! Hope your daughter mends quickly after her ordeal.

Teresa in Music City said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the new little angel!!!! She is SO beautiful!! You are all so blessed! I'm glad Kim is okay - scary when it takes so long. I had a similar experience with my son. Thank God we live in an age where such things can be overcome without harm! Now you can get back to the business of spoiling that new baby :*)

Michelle said...

Ohhh...what a sweet baby! Congratulations to the entire family! She looks a lot like Sawyer too!

c. Joy said...

Can't sleep. Maybe it's your good news that woke me? A new baby! How wonderful - Congratulations to you and all your family.

Love Bears All Things said...

We always put the treats away and each night after dinner the little trickster can choose something from the treat jar....takes forever to eat it all but its best that way.
Me, I try to give out things like juice boxes, crackers and peanut butter, rice crispy treats......we had 7 tricksters this year....times were in other locations we had near 100.
Mama Bear

Jean(ie) said...

big healing hugs to momma. Oh those cheekies... those cheekies !!!!!!!! They are soooo full of sugar. I love it.. the parent tax. LOL!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So beautiful....congratulations.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a great Halloween treat! Even my college age sons dressed up. There is trick or treating for the local families in the dorms at one of the colleges. I was visiting, and got to see how much fun it is for everyone.

Kate said...

June is a little sweetie. Hope Kim is on the road to recovery and feeling better.

Katherines Corner said...

beautiful, congratulations! ( almost made it to my birthday). hoping your daughter is feeling better. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Happy Monday wishes xo P.S. sorry I'm so late visiting :-)