Monday, November 12, 2012

the wall o' design . . .

Okay.  Got a couple of legit things on the ol' wall today, not just stuff that's been there for weeks that I still haven't gotten to.  No, instead, this is new stuff that's been there for weeks that I am actually working on!  Isn't that exciting??

First up:
Yes, I started this in mid-October.  It's how I roll.  It will make a darling mini.

Second up:
Owlie in a Ring of  Fire.  Yes, I started this right after the one above.  It will definitely be ready by Halloween 2013.  I'm right on target.

Next up:
This really is a *new* project!!  I've got a stack of tumblers cut, and playing around with the fabrics I want to go with it.

Finally, I've been doing a little designing in EQ:


What can I say?  I like options.

The foot is healing.  I'm not having to constantly keep it propped, though I can tell when I've had it down for too long.  I can hobble along without the crutches, unless it's too close to the time when I need to pop some more Tylenol.  I think that constitutes as progress!

Got to spend some lovely time with my Sawyer and June yesterday afternoon. Sawyer doesn't stay in one place long enough to capture him in a photo any more, though we did enjoy a couple of snuggle moments watching the movie Up. It was the first time I'd seen it -- I was surprised by how GOOD it was!

But sweet Baby June?  That's another story . . . 
*Happy sigh*

Linking up today with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times.  Be sure to head over there and check out what up on design walls around blog land!

And don't forget, after a weekend break, the UR Priceless blog hop starts back up!  Today's participants are:

Happy Monday!

:)

13 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A lot of very sweet projects. Like where you are going with the EQ design.

Momof3girls said...

I like the look of the last block of orange, yellow and brown. It all stands out so well, put together like that.

Janet O. said...

Like you, I like to plan my holiday quilts a year in advance.
You are having too much fun with EQ. I think if I had that I would always be designing and never actually do any sewing.
Glad you are mending. Lots of snuggles with June will probably speed that process! : )

Barbara said...

Oh I love that little owl.

Barbara F. said...

I love all your projects, D! Baby June is beautiful. What fun these cousins are going to have. xo

Teresaquilts said...

I have been kind of lax with things on the internet this past week, didn't know you were having foot trouble but glad it is better and that you are able to work on some new projects both look like fun.

Teresaquilts said...

I saw you were asking about pillow case on another blog, go to Missouri Star Quilts. she has an excellant tutorial on a tube pillow case that I have used several times. I just jig jag my seams or do french seams.

Teresa in Music City said...

Glad you are feeling better! Love the projects you have going on! Looks like you are in an autumn frame of mind - most of your colors are golds, oranges and browns :*) Makes me want to settle in with a good book and a cup of cocoa :*) But now that hexie with the purple background - wowsers!!!! Love the punch and pop!!!

Helen said...

Love love love what you are doing re the Halloween owl hexies! gives me some ideas re Judy's CP challenge for November (I have turkey "gobbler" fabric!) FTM - I love all your projects! They look great!

Sarah said...

Love your "options" on the 4-T block, especially the 2nd and 3rd which barely look like t blocks. I started a 4-t quilt several years ago. 40 has come and gone so I'm gonna have to add some blocks...

Barb in Mi said...

Love your owl ring of fire!

Jean(ie) said...

Looks like you've got some good projects "cooking" on the wall!

Julianne said...

I love the hexies, so cute.