Sunday, November 11, 2012

stash report #45 and digital magazines . . .


I know.  An unlikely combination, right?  Still, once I've shared my *amazing* stash report (cough, cough), I want to share some digital fun I've found.  You tea party enthusiasts will be particularly delighted!

Used/donated this week: 7.5 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 45.5 yards
Purchased/added this week: 4.0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 167.00 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -121.5 yards

A definite step in reduction.  The funny thing is, most of that is what I put in the traveling stash box!  Yes, I put in a bit more than I took out -- but I put nice pieces of several collections, and since I had the collection, it would be sad to put one piece and not another.  Right?!  None of what I added to my stash this week was purchased, so that's a happy for my little pocketbook!  Make sure you head over to Patchwork Times and check out the rest of the stash reports!

Oh!  Are you looking for the book review and giveaway?  It's HERE!

Okay, so on to digital magazines.  They've been around for quite some time.  One of my favorite hot spots for them is Issuu.  I found it when I became aware of Ruby for Women, and found their publication on the site.  Can I just insert here, that I'm a magazine junkie?  I *adore* magazines!  They're such fun!  But they're so impractical ... and even more so for someone like me with limited space.  I admit that I do subscribe to several . . . and I even faithfully keep every issue of one of them -- Tea Time Magazine (of which I have every issue ever published).  The rest I distribute between Kim and Jocelyn and the gals at my guild. 

Anyway, for a magazine junkie like me, digital magazines are the bomb.com!  I'd kind of forgotten about them until one of my favorite tea bloggers, Angela McRae, blogged about doing a Christmas Tea spread in the magazine for which she's an editor.  She provided a link for her readers to enjoy, and lo and behold, her magazine (a local publication) Newnan-Coweta Magazine, is on Issuu.  
What *you* really want to know is that there's a GREAT article with wonderful tea time recipes and you can check it out by clicking on the cover of the magazine!

That got me thinking -- perhaps you'd be interested in checking out some of my other favorites?  There are a lot of seasonal entertaining mags and several quilting/crafting ones as well.  I'll let you see for yourself.  Click on the graphic to enjoy the contents.  And perhaps, if you're familiar with digital magazines and you have a favorite, you'll share it with me??  

        
                          91             Bird's Party           Zest              Festivities

        
                             Asian Fabric     Sewing Cottage    Sweet Living

    
                                 Irish Quilt & Craft           Ruby for Women

Some are even downloadable to your hard drive.  Registration to Issuu may be required, but it's free and easy.  And you can subscribe to issues as well as scroll through back issues.  A nice way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon, perhaps?!

:)

3 noted . . .:

Beth Probasco said...

Thank you for sharing your magazine choices. I enjoyed browsing through them. Beth in MN

Jean(ie) said...

I'll have to check out Issu. Thanks for the heads -up!

I love e-books. I'm still trying to embrace emags. I have a few issues of digital mags. There are just a few that i prefer more in print form.

Kate said...

Congrats on having more out than in this week! Thanks for sharing the e-magazines. I've been looking for some and had not been able to find any.