Thursday, November 08, 2012

late start . . .

Had a tough time 'getting on my feet' this morning -- LOL!!  Thank you so much for your thoughtful emails -- surgery went very well yesterday, though it ended up being a *little* more involved than I'd expected it to be.  And recovery will be a bit more than I'd expected, too.  Based on the chat with my doc, I had really expected to be awake during the *outpatient process*, get a couple of stitches - a band-aid over each incision, and be sent merrily on my way.

Ummmm.  No.  I was out like a bad light bulb.
Not the 'band-aid' I had in mind.
And back in the boot.  And completely non-weight bearing if I'm not in it.  Sheesh! Although I can assure you I'm not bearing a whole lot of weight on that foot right now, even if I *am* in the boot! Anyway, it's over and I'm recovering and those pesky screws won't be interfering with my walking any more!

To be honest, I'm really kind of glad for the down time ... it gives me the perfect excuse to sit here at my laptop and go through all the blogs that are involved in two major hops/tours right now.  First, the UR Priceless Hop!  Hasn't it been fun? Each day there are purses that just blow me away!!  Today's hop participants are:


And there's also the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks - Volume 6 designer tour going on right now.  Gracious -- talk about some eye candy!!  I've had such a blast touring the different designer's blogs and hearing about their blocks and the inspiration for the same.  Fabulous stuff!  A few of my favorites (so far) include (in no particular order):


Lots and lots of eye candy to check out -- which is good -- eye candy doesn't go to your hips!!

Have a very happy Thursday!

:)

23 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

Oh, Denise. I am so sorry it ended up being more debilitating than expected. Good that you can see a positive side (visiting the blog hops). I hope you can recover quickly and be "on your feet" again soon. Got plenty of handwork to keep you occupied when you are finished blog hopping? : )

Cathy said...

It's good that the surgery is over, even if it was more involved than you expected. I hope that, once you are able to weight bear again, having those screws gone will make walking less painful. It sure has been an extremely long haul for you since the accident. You sound upbeat, from what you've typed. Rest lots, and I think you have the right idea about eye candy..... calorie free, unless you count the potential inspiration and possible resulting stash enhancement as adding calories?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Enjoy your calorie free time! Take care sweetie.

Judy D in WA said...

Thank goodness that's over! Now on to recovery and getting ready to dance pain free. Enjoy some quiet time with your laptop.

Susan said...

Wishing you a speedy full recovery! Feel better soon!

Jean(ie) said...

Enjoy the rest and relaxation!

Barbara F. said...

Denise, I really have been distracted and out of the loop with all the crummy weather up here. I forgot about the screws being removed. I feel so bad seeing you with that cumbersome cast. But just think of all the projects that will be completed while you are staying "local". Heal quickly!!! ((hugs)) xo

Lee said...

Oh my, well a boot wasn't exactly what I expected to see here today, but had I really thought about it, it would have been (from my own surgery two years ago=boot). How long before you can put weight on it again? Prayers & hugs sent your way.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Ouch!! I hope you can take some time to heal. I have been visiting the 100 Blocks blog tour, but there have been so many hops going on that I can't keep up. I would be on the computer all day!!! No can do ;-) Take care!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I'm so sorry you are back in the boot again. Hope you can heal and be done with it soon! Aren't the hops fun? So much inspiration!

Mary said...

You like 4 of the Blocks I've Tested and Shown on my Blog, too. Wait until you see the rest of the Blocks in the Volume 6! It is unbelievable!

Sarah said...

Sounds like things are going a little better than yesterday and taking time to put your feet up is good for the sole...uh, I mean soul. LOL! Take care, my friend :)

Sarah said...

Hey - I just noticed that you need to update your stick family - June needs her very own little baby stick figure!

Michelle said...

Take care of yourself Denise...do as the doctor orders and you'll be up and running in no time. Gotta keep up with all those babies! :) Hugs!

Kris said...

Well, what the heck!! That will teach me for going to work and missing your post about your screws!! I hope you are going to get better fast and I hope to check out some of that eye candy one of these days!!

LuAnn said...

Hi Denise Do take care of yourself and do what the doctor orders. I hope you are up and running around and feeling better very soon!

Teresa in Music City said...

Where did you get those sexy shoes? I can't find anything that lovely in the shops? LOL!!! Enjoy your "down" time and hopefully you'll get some extra special time with those precious little ones of yours :*)

Barb N said...

Oh dear, isn't that the way it always goes? A little more than you expected? Well advantage of your down time and heal quickly!

Bud and Marsha said...

Sometimes our forced "down time" is a blessing in disguise, so just live in the moment, Denise. Your purse from yesterday's Hop was so darn adorable! I loved the fabrics you chose, but most loved hearing the way you imagined the grands using it. Be good to yourself, and give the foot time to heal. Have hubby paint your toes and make the most of it, girl.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Denise I don't know how I missed that you were going to have surgery - but I did. I guess going back to work has taken me away more than I realized. I don't get to read blogs nearly as often as I used to. :( I'm so sorry you had to go through this and I'm praying for a rapid recovery! blessings, marlene

c. Joy said...

BE healed - just after you finish all your blogging and the quilting you want to do - don't forget to nap and read. Seriously, enjoy this time. Maybe we are called away from the busy-ness of life just to sit in amazement. Be amazed.... and be healed.

Lea said...

Just got back to blog and I didn't know you had surgery until now. Hoping for your fasting recovery.

Love and prayers,
Lea

Karin said...

I've been away for a bit, but have kept you in prayer and will continue to do so. I'm sorry to hear that your recuperation will be lengthier than you initially hoped, but this may be the only way the good Lord can get you to slow down. :) How long will you need to stay in the boot?