Saturday, November 03, 2012

new from october . . .

Looking for the Traveling Stash?  Check HERE.  :)

Once again, I have to admit that I'm so glad I file away my photos by date ... it makes it so much easier to figure out if I actually did try anything new in the past month!  Happily I can report that in October, I did try a few new things!

First up is my Leafs Me Happy offering . . . 

I also started my first little hexie project . . . 

And of course I had June's pendant quilt . . . 

And I wrapped it up with the Through the Wicked Window piece, where piecing the window was new to me . . . 

All in all, not too bad a month for creativity -- especially when you consider that I was two weeks in Maryland *and* anticipating the arrival of Miss June:
Oh how snuggly-lovey she is!  Photo quality isn't great -- dark room and cell phone pic -- but the beauty of that little girl supersedes the lack of quality of the photo!

Be sure to head over to Cat Patches and check out all the NewFO's that others created this past month -- you won't be sorry!!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You had a great NewFO month!

Sheila said...

Little Miss June is beautiful :)
Many lovelies this month. Just love that Halloween sampler, especially the cat!

Agnes B Bullock said...

The photo is perfect- enhances the beauty of grandmother and granddaughter- she will always treasure that photo

Rhodes Creations said...

I sent your swap gifts hope you got them...Hugs, Laura

Janet O. said...

It was a very productive NewFO month--even with all you had going on!
Love the photo of you with June.

Mary said...

Congrats on getting projects done while waiting for the Cutie pie to arrive. She's a lucky little princess!

Karin said...

See? You just THINK you don't get much done when in all actuality, you are stitching up piles of lovely projects! Such a sweet photo of you and baby June! Precious moments, well spent!

Kris said...

Oh, wow, Denise!! You had a VERY creative month!! I am hoping I can say the same thing for November - August trough October have been a bust for me!! :-( Your Hexie Flowers are darling!! Is your project strictly Halloween?? And I love your Through the Wicked Window piece!! You and Miss June are both priceless!!

Barbara B said...

Beautiful baby! She looks like her brother!

Grammasheri said...

Lovely projects! You accomplished quite a bit in October, including becoming a grandma again! What a sweet photo of you and Miss June.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

All cute, but, the best was last. Congrats!

Kate said...

Wow, lots of great starts for October. Shoulder problems kept me off the computer for the last few days, so I'm horribly behind on blogs. Congrats on little June, she is a beauty.

Barbara said...

And I guess Baby Jne is the best NewFO *ever*. you got a lot done!

Sarah said...

Always the busy busy grandma you are!