Tuesday, November 06, 2012

ur priceless . . .

Ahhhh . . . the lure of a purse.  From the time we are little girls, purses call to us. They are places we can hide our treasures, pocket our dreams, and capture our memories.  The older we grow, the more the things of our lives seem to find their way into our purses.  Often we carry purses *inside* purses!

The focus of this blog hop has been this *sweet* little purse . . . 
After debating for weeks on a theme and hunting for fabrics, I finally decided it just needed to be fun.  And pretty.  And so for the exterior of my little purse, I used a couple of fat quarters from Paula Nadelstern's Patternista line.  The front and back are Hills and Valleys (in olive and pink) and the sides are Sunstone (in olive and gold).  I have no idea what the interior is, except it's pretty and gilded in gold, so naturally appealing to me (and appropriate for a little purse's interior).

I was a little intimidated about starting this . . . I've never really created something that required *hardware* (zippers notwithstanding).  But it was really quite simple to put together and even my first attempt to stitch and assemble took less than ninety minutes ... including tracing and cutting out the templated pieces and stitching on the handles.  And isn't it just the thing a Neesey with two darling little granddaughters should know how to put together?!?  Think of the marvelous things a little granddaughter could put in her little purse . . . 
Perhaps she keeps her growing collection
Or maybe her secret treasures
Or perhaps her tooth fairy money and allowance
The seashells from her last trip to the beach
What's left of her Halloween candy
(there's no chocolate ... her Neesey ate it all!)
Finds from her walk in the woods
MOMMY!!  Brother took everything out of my purse!
Or perhaps, like her Neesey, she carries a priceless, eclectic mix ... of things she's collected and treasures that remind of her special moments and people, a quarter or two for good measure and something sweet to nibble on -- except there's still no chocolate.
Be sure to check out *ALL* the priceless creations on the rest of today's tour . . .

Count it *all* Joy!!!  (this is me!  :)

I would be much remiss if I didn't take a moment to offer a heartfelt thanks to our tireless and creative Madam Samm for this darling idea and the *marvelous* set of instructions ... and our hop cheerleader and organizer, Katherine!  And if you are thinking you'd like to make one (or two or thirty) of these darling little purses, patterns are available HERE!

Thanks for dropping by today ... I hope you were inspired to make a little Priceless Purse of your own

:)

74 noted . . .:

♥Duff said...

What a happy thought--all the things your granddaughter can collect. Too bad memories of time with Neesey can't fit in there--sounds like she has a lot of them!

Judy B said...

Beautiful little purse and love your sweet story! Thank you for sharing.

Grammasheri said...

Beautiful little purse and story to match! Priceless!

Katherine said...

Aw... not only is your coin purse darling, but the story is just as sweet. Beautifully done. Thanks so much, Denise.

UR Priceless!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A little 'memory' purse - now that is special - and love those fabrics!

feltfree på Åsly said...

Its a beauty. Nice fabrics you used.

Sue said...

I love your fabric choices. The colors are so bright and happy!

charlotte said...

Beautiful purse. Such pretty fabric.

memmens said...

This is really lovely - lucky granddaughters!

Thearica said...

I love that striped fabric! I think I have the same fabric upstairs... now I need to make another one!

Joyce said...

How cute! Just goes to show how useful these can be!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful fabric you picked, you made a great little treaure purse, thanks for showing.

tink's mom said...

So pretty and useful too. Great job and thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very cute

Britt-Inger said...

Your purse is sew cute and in bright fabric. I love your choice of fabric which cheer up the purse.
Thanks for sharing

Mommarock said...

I can totally picture a little girl carrying one of these with beads as a handle.. Sweetly cute!!

Carrie P. said...

fun post. thanks for sharing your little purse.

Patti said...

I love all the treasures that could fit into this gorgeous little purse!

Madame Samm said...

we can always count on YOU for the joy of your creations..priceless..love the one with the lining out..boys....lol great colours

Madame Samm said...

we can always count on YOU for the joy of your creations..priceless..love the one with the lining out..boys....lol great colours

Joanne Lendaro said...

Great little coin purses!!

I'm hosting a coin purse frame giveaway on my blog:

http://splittingstitches.blogspot.com/

supermomnocape said...

Love all the pictures with all the things your granddaughter could keep in the purse. What a creative way to showcase such a pretty little purse.

Agnes B Bullock said...

Wish I were your granddaughter! Love the purse- your little loves will certainly need one for every outfit!

Momof3girls said...

Your purse is beautiful! I love the fabric colors you chose.

Marci Girl said...

Great Coin Purse and Nut Purse and lots of goodies purse!

patchouli moon studio said...

Very beautiful and I can see quite useful too.

Just Carol said...

I love your little thoughts about what could go in that sweet little purse--very nice!

JCnNC said...

Very elegant and very worthy of holding my "stash" money just in case! LoL Judy C

Kim said...

I love that fabric. Your coin purse is very pretty.

Debbie said...

haha. what great ideas on how to use your cute little bag!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Great ideas for caching away, great reasons to sew up a few more purses :)
Lovely purse

Gill said...

Great purse!
My children love skittles but I've never come across a blue packet! What flavour are they??
Thank you for sharing!

mary mahoo said...

What a sweet wee purse! Thanks for sharing with us all.

Carla Bynum said...

Hi!!! It is so pretty!!! Wonderful colors and fabric!!! Love your presentation!!!! My grand daughter has just turned two but she has been into purses for over a year already!!! By into I mean in more ways than one!!!! Hee hee!!! Thanks for the fun!!!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the fabrics you chose and it does make a great memory purse.

Paula said...

I love the idea of a "memory purse". Your fabrics are awesome.
You are in thoughts and prayers today.
Hugs

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Super coin purse. Love the fabric and such fun pictures. great job, thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Fantastic little purse and such a fun blog post to read.

deborah said...

SOOO pretty!

Debi said...

Very cute and elegant. Thanks for sharing!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love your fabric choices - they made a beautiful purse! blessings, marlene

Missy Shay said...

I love the fabric you chose and the blog post itself was fun!

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely work thanks for sharing!

B Greene said...

I absolutely love the fabric you chose for your purse - so much movement! Thanks for sharing!

Tracy Johnson said...

Purses sometimes reflect our personality, for me it is usually my mood. Love your bright and cheery fabrics chosen.

DonnaJ said...

Wish I knew how to make a blog. Some have suggested it, but for some reason, I can't do it. BUT...I do love these little purses

Rosa said...

Love your purse,it`s so cute!!

Judith said...

Lovely story for a lovely grand-daughter and her Priceless Coin Purse. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing...Judith, Texas

Linda said...

Adorable! What a cute presentation, too! Great job!

gpc said...

Wow, what beautiful colors! I am so inspired, I have already bought the pattern and a couple frames. Love these purses!

Sallie said...

Love the fabric you chose! Thanks for sharing!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

lovely purse, great fabric, I love the colors.
Thanks for sharing.
Liebe Grüße
Bente

Pierro said...

Rosemary B here:
Your little purse is very cute. I love the green stripes
thank you for sharing

Rebeckah Austin said...

I love how you did a photo shoot with different items in the purse.

Guin said...

Out of all the coin purses that I have seen in the last 3 days - yours is my favorite.

CeLynn said...

No matter what your granddaughter collects,she is sure to think of you while using her beautiful little purse to !

Kathy H said...

Such a cute little purse and I think having a pretty little purse is perfect.

Sheila said...

Delightful post , I can just imagine a little girl using a little prude for these things , I know my granddaughters would . Lovely little coin purse !

sandra said...

I loved your little bag and how you tied it into what your granddaughter would put in it. I want to make one for my grandson who just loves little purses for his money.

Jean(ie) said...

First off, hugs to you today.

I love your little purse. It's so stinkin' cute! That fabric was just perfect!

I've got ten frames from IHAN. I need to get sewing...LOL!

Janarama said...

I love the fabric choices. Another great idea to use it to carry around sweets! MMMMMMMMMMMMM

jmniffer said...

Love your fabric choices! The gold shimmer is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

MoeWest said...

I love the fabrics you used to create this beautiful coin purse!

Quilt n Queen said...

A sweet coin purse Denise, goes with the sweet story. I am planning to make little coin purses for the grandones. I know they will lov them. Thanks for sharing in the hop. Happy stitching, Pauline

Vickie said...

Love the fabric you chose.

Joanne said...

The is beautifu! I love your fabric choices!!! Like you, I can think of a thousand ways to use this little purse and I'm excited about all of them. Thanks for sharing your creations with us today.

LJ said...

I love Patternista and your chosen pieces worked up beautifully. Loved your 'story' and all the little collections! I feel a bit badly about the 'no chocolate' though. :( Have a great week.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Enjoyed the story and love the little purse..beautiful choice of fabric! Thanks for sharing :o)

Wendy said...

such a lovely purse, love the fabric!

Maria Kievit said...

Love the brightness of this little cutie! thanks for sharing.

Scrapbook-ChickADoodle said...

Ohhhh....very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Abbigail said...

What a cute little purse for your grand daughter! I'm sure she loves it!
hulseybg@gmail.com

Sarah said...

Your parade of items to stash in this little purse was perfect but I think you forgot one tho...hexie supplies! Ok - so I'm kinda single-minded this week but wait until you see my HeLP post and you'll understand...

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Adorable! Love your purse and love the stories of all the possible treasures it can hold!

Blessings & Aloha!
I am home from visiting our first little grandbaby! Wish I could have stayed longer! But I am trying now to catch up with all the wonderful posts on this blog hop. Still on Day 3!