Wednesday, November 21, 2012

finishes and fire stations . . .

Whew ... what a whirlwind the past couple of days have been!  Monday morning I got my stitches out -- easy-breezy -- and I had a long enough wait that I was able to finish quilting my mini-hexie top, write and address several note cards, and finish my grocery list.  Aye-yi-yi.  From there it was errands and grocery shopping, and by the time I got home, it was after two-thirty!  (I left at seven-thirty!)

I had a guild board meeting ... there was lots of discussion and it gave me the opportunity to finish up stitching together my other hexie project . . . 
Yay!  Mr. Owlie in the Burning Ring of Fire is ready to put together and quilt!

I've told y'all I'm a magazine addict, right?  These were some of the issues at the meeting that were 'free to a good home':
I'll go through them and carry them back to the December meeting (or send 'em out upon request). There were some cute things that caught my eye.
Especially these two titles, which I'd never seen before.  Since the one on the right is published in France, that explains that one!

Yesterday I spent the daytime with Ellie ... I can't believe how she's practically growing up before my eyes!  She's crawling and pulling herself up, and walks very competently (frontwards *and* backwards) when she's got a finger or two to hold onto to.
Needless to say, I had my hands happily full with her -- she's such a darling delight -- and I didn't snap a single picture.  I remember lamenting about this when Sawyer was this age, too!  The above is compliments of Jocelyn.  :)

I finished up the binding on the mini-hexie project while Ellie was napping:
Yay!  The binding is so dark it just blends into the background -- but it *is* purple!

Yesterday afternoon I picked up Sawyer and we headed to the Fire Station to have dinner with Paw-paw!  He was ready to GO when I got to his house ... Kim said he'd pretty much talked about it the whole day long!  He sure did talk about it the whole drive over there!

Sitting in Ladder #6 with Paw-paw!
Ready to drive off in Rescue #6!
Strapped in and ready to go!  That helmet is so heavy,
he's having a hard time holding his little head up! 
In his Paw-paw's turnouts!  You'll notice Todd's holding him up?
When he'd let go, Sawyer would fall over (he's wearing the coat,
boots, *and* pants)! 
In the driver's seat of Ladder #6 with the lights flashing!
He really had a marvelous, marvelous time -- and talked about it all the way home!

I spent a little time at the house when I dropped Sawyer off ... I got in a little June time, too!
Yup, I'd say it was a day well spent!

Gotta get busy today ... lots of cooking to do!  I hope your day is filled with happiness and marvelous smells from the kitchen!

:)

15 noted . . .:

Barbara B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara B said...

Denise, my hubby and I so enjoy "sharing" your grandbabies at breakfast! Happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

Melissa Labella said...

So sweet. Glad you had a great day!

Cathy said...

Wow!! What a fabulous day, filled with not one, not two, but three grandchildren!! You are so blessed. Glad to hear getting the stitches out went well. By the sounds of it you are up and moving well.

Needled Mom said...

What a busy, productive and fun day.

Janet O. said...

After reading your adventures I think I need a nap.
And all I can say to Mr. Owlie is "burn, baby, burn".
(Does DH think the purple binding looks okay? I love it!)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You were busy yesterday. Hope you got a good nights sleep. I have pictures of my oldest in his great uncles firemans boots and hat. He was about the same age as Sawyer. Great memories for him and you.

Barbara F. said...

Hey Denise, glad those stitches are out. I am working on sides, finished the cranberry sauce, stuffing and soup! Next is pies! Pumpkin and Dutch apple with a cinnamon roll crust. I was supposed to host it here, but am now transporting it to Brooklyn!!! Long story, but it will be fine. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family. xo

Barbara F. said...

And, congrats on 300 followers!!!! Woohoo!!!!!! xo

Jean(ie) said...

Oh my gosh. Sawyer is so darn cute in that hat!!!! Oh my... That made me squee!

Sounds like you've had a wonderful week so far. Glad to hear that!

Sarah said...

I'm also glad the stitch removal was easy peasy - are you back to full weight walking yet?

Sawyers trip sounded like fun. Do the other guys bring their grands or kids? It would be fun to see several kids there at once!

Lea said...

I don't know how to describe exactly those kids, they are just beyond beautiful! You're lucky to have them in the family. By the way, I think the shirt saying "Who needs santa when I've got grandma" is so cool. Love it! :)

Lea said...

I don't know how to describe exactly those kids, they are just beyond beautiful! You're lucky to have them in the family. By the way, I think the shirt saying "Who needs santa when I've got grandma" is so cool. Love it! :)

Kate said...

What a day Saywer had! I bet he's still talking about it.

Your hexie project looks wonderful.

Glad the stitches came out easily and that you are back on your feet.

Mary said...

Grandchildren are the best! I'm glad you could take Sawyer to sit int he big fire truck. I know how heavy those helmets are. I had a Firefighter SIL for a while.