Thursday, August 30, 2012

dis 'n dat . . .

Lots of busy work yesterday.  Sadly, a darling friend's dad passed away yesterday morning.  She isn't just a sweet friend, she's also my pastor's wife . . . which meant their family wasn't at church last night and so Todd stepped in to teach in our mid-week service.  He did a fabulous job -- he's such a great teacher!  But I spent a good portion of the afternoon helping him prepare.

I did get my flosses picked -- I think -- for Mr. Owlie . . . 
Unlike the Crazy in Color piece, where the floss was supposed to match the color it was outlining, in Mr. Owlie, I want the flosses to accent it, as well as outline some of it.  
In essence, the floss will lend color and depth and dimension, instead of just being a border.

I also got most of part three of a StitchMAP challenge completed. 
It's a "magic needlecase".  I've got it on good authority that it's really a fun finish ... but since you don't get the next installment until you've posted a picture of the finished current installment, I don't know yet!!  The challenges of StitchMAP are a lot of fun ... and not as intensive as the classes, but still aimed at teaching; whether a skill or a process.  I have it on good authority that a redwork class will be offered soon!!  I'm telling you - this group is one of the best I've ever been involved with!

And you may have noticed a little piece of flannel above, here's a better shot:
Well, it's as good as it's going to get for now, anyway!

I probably won't get a whole lot of stitch work in today, since I'm off to Jocelyn's.  I get to play with my Ellie-belly-baby . . . 
I'd take her over Mr. Owlie any day!

Have a great day . . . college football season starts TODAY!! 

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Melissa Bishop said...

Saw a girl about 10-12 yrs old at the post office the other day (speaking of color) She had flaming red hair, in it was a red with polka dots bow, ala Minnie Mouse and she was wearing a chartreuse dress. All I could think of was how perfect she looked color wise. She was wearing everything very bright but it all pulled together and worked well. Color is SO amazing!

Asiyah said...

Ellie is adorable...her eyes are so expressive! Have fun with your girl!

Janet O. said...

You busy woman--so much good going on in your life.
The floss colors look spot on.
Enjoy sweet Ellie today--and yes, we are looking forward to our local team's first game tonight! : )

Jean(ie) said...

LOVE E's dress! You have lots going on. I need to get going with my sewing.

Sarah said...

The owl looks great as does Miss EB!

Barbara F. said...

That owl is going to be beautiful, and Miss Ellie Jelly Belly lol is a gorgeous baby girl, her eyes are so beautiful, God bless her. xo

Lee said...

Your Mr. Owlie project is intriguing; Ellie is growing up too fast hehe. What a doll.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I don't know what StitchMap is but I do love red work so I bet you have a good time with that one. :) blessings, marlene

Kate said...

The Mr. Owlie project looks like fun. Can't wait to see how the enhancements work out.