Friday, August 31, 2012

felines and marines . . .

I so enjoy my days with grandbabies.  Yesterday, of course, was no exception!  And of course, I had the added benefit of some Leia time, on top of the Ellie time!

Leia is definitely a "I want to be where the people are" kind of cat.  When Joc was heading up the stairs, Leia was there (as a trip hazard) . . . 

When we were all sitting around the table, Leia was there . . . 

And when I pulled out my quilting to do a little handwork . . . 
(it's easier to see from the back ... just three more flowers and some leaves and the center is done!)
Leia was there . . .
Such a cat!

Of course, I'll be linking up with Feline Friday over at Sarah Did It!

Captured some special moments of Ellie enjoying her plum and banana at lunch time . . .
Such a serious, focused eater ... it's really WORK to get her to smile while she's eating!  And I want you to know, that even with just two little toothies, she ate every bit of that banana and mostly all of the plum half, too!!

Today should be fun ... we've got a Semper Fi archery shoot tournament up at the camp today, tomorrow and Sunday -- it's a Toy's for Tots benefit.  Oorah!!

Happy Friday!  

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Momof3girls said...

Ellie is getting so big. She was focused on eating her fruit. That's great that she likes fruit that much.

Leia is such a beautiful cat. Thanks for sharing the pics of her. She definitely wants to help you with your quilting. lol

Jean(ie) said...

Oh my... good looking marines with bows and arrows? That gives me the vapors! Bwahahahahaahahahah....

Ellie is just precious! Good girl with her fruit. Must. Eat. Fruit. LOL!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Our daughter has a kitten like Leia. She has to be with people all the time, but she is very sweet. I am so looking forward to seeing your finished project! You are getting close! :) Ellie is absolutely precious! Gotta love a girl who loves her fruit. Marines? You know that caught my attention - LOL. Shoot a few arrows for me and our boy!

Barbara F. said...

Such a cute video! Leia really lives up to her "princess" name, too. Have a great weekend. Enjoy! xo

Amy said...

We have a "be there" kitty, and a "hide me" kitty. They're both fun.

Kate said...

Ellie is definitely a sweetie.

Janet O. said...

Loved the video of Ellie--especially the banana. Cute, cute, cute!!

Sarah said...

Loved the pictures of Leia - especially on the stairs. Thanks for joining Feline Friday. Were the "men" in uniform?? ohhlala!