Friday, August 31, 2012

newfo's for august . . .

When I first thought about what I might post for NewFO's for August, I drew a blank . . . then I remembered . . . I actually had quite a few new starts for August!

First I had the two wedding quilt scrap toppers that I've been playing with . . . 


Then I had the mini-rail topper . . . 

And how could I have forgotten my sweet little Mr. Owlie?!?

I also have a finish . . . 
Yup!!  I'm pleased to introduce Lemonade on the Rails!
I'm so in love with this piece!
I quilted it very simply, but with metallic gold thread.  Just to give it a little *bling*!  I can't wait to put this out!

Wondering about the name?  Especially since there's absolutely NO yellow anywhere in it?  Crazy, but *definitely* appropriate!  It's explained HERE.

Linking up to Cat Patches and her August NewFO linky party!!  Head over there and check out what other great projects were started this past month!!

And me?  I've already got a GREAT idea for a new project for September!!  I'm off to play in EQ and make it concrete ... or, errr ... cloth?!

Don't miss the once in a "blue moon" tonight!

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great NewFOs!

Kate said...

You've been really busy. Love the Lemonade on Rails (and how you came up with the name). Congrats on the finish!

Teresa in Music City said...

That owl is just TOO adorable :*)

Cathy said...

I love all of them. But I think my favourite has to be the owl. Seeing your owl inspired me to get out my coloured pencils this evening for an embroidery piece I started this week.

Barbara said...

Love these projects. Such pretty colors.

P. said...

Love the rail fence quilt! Looks like a lot of fun playing with those pretty scraps too. Owlie is adorable!

Janet O. said...

And you didn't think you had a NewFO--silly girl. Look at all of those projects. And each one is beautiful, but I have to admit to being partial to your Lemonade on Rails. I love clever quilt names. : )
And your owl is looking so cute.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What cute projects.

Sarah said...

That's what I get for not reading blogs on the (long) weekend - I missed the blue moon and had no idea it was even scheduled. You have been quite busy this month, lady! I stopped joining the NewFO party cuz I couldn't keep track of anything...it's been a badly organized year...