Monday, August 13, 2012

in design and part 2 stash reporting #32 . . .

Yesterday was, in a word . . . BUSY!  I got up early (4:30) to make breakfast for church ... got home from church and made a quick lunch and then sprinted (haha!) over to the pavilion to meet a lady who is having her wedding up at the camp at the end of the month.  From that meeting, I headed out to see a woman about a train (think my favorite two-year-old and Christmas).  And finally, from there, I headed directly to a board transition meeting for my guild.  It was a potluck dinner meeting and ran from 3-8.  So maybe I need two words for yesterday.  BUSY and LONG!

And before I forget, if you haven't checked out my giveaway, don't forget to check it out HERE!

Needless to say, I didn't get my Stash Report posted, so I'll do that today.  My design wall is bare ... I'm still working away on quilting my whole cloth piece.
This isn't the greatest shot of it, but you can see that the center circle is nearly finished.  The blue will wash away.  Up close and personal it looks really lovely, if I do say so myself!  Once the center circle is finished, I'll do a square border of hearts.  After that, I've got a couple of different scrolls to play with.  I'm letting it design itself as it goes -- so far it's done a good job.  Linking this up with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times!

Okay ... Part 2 of my Stash Report from the gains I made on my VA/MD trip!  On Tuesday we spent the day with my sweet sister and her family.  She was in the middle of her own decluttering project, and had some fabric she didn't care to keep . . . 
Gracious, what a haul!  It was fun going through the pieces and hearing her remember what projects she'd used various pieces for -- lots of costumes, doll clothes and quilts, holiday decor -- sweet memories.  Of course, there were some that she'd ordered but never opened . . . 
Like the above four (cherries, black & white, purple, green daisies).  None of use ever do that, right?!  LOL!  Those cherries will look good under Ellie for one of her "weeks" photos!

There was also some "Ninja costume" fabric . . .

Pretty florals . . .

A bit of Christmas . . .

And definitely lots of great stuff for the future "I Spy" quilts . . .

She also had some lovely wool felts and a nice, soft piece of flannel . . .

Hey -- stacked like this it doesn't look like quite so much, right?
Maybe?

Twenty-six total yards of fabric (not including the felt or flannel).  Whew!!  That makes my report look like this:

Used/donated this week: 1 yard
Used/donated year-to-date: 24.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 26 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 111.25 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -86.5 yards

Oh my.  Well that's the other half of it!  Many thanks to Cyn for contributing so generously to my stash!  And, even though I'm a tad late, I'm going to go ahead an link up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for the weekly stash reporting.

Between all the new fabric and the new machine, there is NO excuse for me to not turn out some pretty fabulous projects over the next couple of months, right?  Someone hold my feet to the fire!

And speaking of fabulous . . . here are two of the most fabulous little people in my life:
30 Weeks - the purposeful tongue action is new! 
226 Weeks - what a happy, loving fellow!
Oh how I ♥ them both!!

Happy Monday and have a magnificent week -- however many of them you have under your belt!

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh what goodies!!!! You are blessed indeed to be gifted with such lovelies :*) I can see a few there that I would add to the stash in a heartbeat! That lime green jumps up and says "Look at me!" And the shiny fabric might be great for applique designs. Those babies are growing like weeds :*) So cute!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love all your acquired/gifted goodies - and I am sure you will use them. Sweeties are really growing!

Barbara B said...

The fabrics are great--who wouldn't like getting someone else's stash? But the photos of the kiddos are priceless!

Mary said...

Love the toe holing pic and tongue pose for Ellie. I don't count the weeks. There are too many! Great additions to your STASH. Where will you store it all? I thought you just rearranged...

Connie said...

My gosh Denise you sure sound busy! Love seeing the photos of the grandkids and what great additions to your stash!

Janet O. said...

You need Calgon to take you away!
Okay, I will be expecting great things now that you have enhanced your stash--as Teresa woulld say. : )

Jean(ie) said...

bwahahahaahahaha! Stash Totally Above and Beyond Life Expectation!

With my tiny 8 drawers, I must be a piker...

Get sewing woman...LOL!

(totally said with love)

Sarah said...

Score for you on the incoming stash! Can't wait to see some new projects :)

Kate said...

Great additions. You are in good company in needing to get some fabulous projects done in the next few months!