Wednesday, August 22, 2012

something old, new, borrowed, blue and quilty . . .

I've mentioned a couple of times that I'm participating in a monthly doll quilt swap.  It's lots of fun and I've received some lovely, fun things.  It's not too late to join in the fun, if you're interested...the button is on my right sidebar!

Anyway, for the month of June my swap partner was none other than Jane of GrandMama's Stories.  Well, for those of you who don't know, Jane and I are real life friends.  We've gone to church together and been in each other's homes ... and in fact, twice when my family has come from Maryland/Virginia/Texas to visit, Jane and Roger have graciously allowed us to use their pop-up camper!

So since we were practically neighbors, we decided instead of putting our swaps in the mail, we have a "sewing" play date and swap up in person.  Ummm ... good plan in theory.  If you've read either of our blogs, you know that we're both pretty busy gals.  And here it is, end of August, and we've still not gotten together!  Yesterday, I got a surprise package in the mail ... you guessed it ... from Jane!  LOL!  I guess she's given in to the demands of her world ... and send on her swap.  Before I send mine to her, here's a sneaky-peek:
The theme was "Something Old, New, Borrowed, or Blue".  Definitely a wedding-ish theme.  So it seemed only appropriate that I "borrowed" some of the scraps from Joc's wedding quilt.  I'll share the whole thing and the poem I included with after Jane shares!

And here's the darling little piece I received from Jane:
Sweet little Piglet!  One of my favorite "Pooh" characters!

And as if that wasn't enough, she included two darling little bag holders.  I've wanted one of these for ages, and I've already put one to good use!
I thought the owl was perfect for the RV!
And this fabric in the top of the red one -- Jane, what was this??  Love that pink and red geometric print!

I'm off to Joc's today and church tonight.  Tomorrow I want to share a bit about the Color Theory Class I'm taking.  It's really wonderful!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

Life gets too busy, doesn't it?
What a sweet little quilt--can't wait to see what you concocted. : )

Jocelyn said...

Oh my HECK that owl fabric is CUUUUTE! I think I need some of that. I don't have any sewing skills to speak of (except napkin-making), but I think I'd be content to frame it in a giant frame and hang it in my living room.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very cute swaps and gifts. Yes, she does have alot on her plate of late. I wasn't aware of your closeness - how wonderful.

Jean(ie) said...

you lucked out. How fun! Color theory class? Are you taking it online? I've been debating on taking a craftsy class.

Sarah said...

Great gifts - let us know if you find out who makes that owl fabric! I went to a store re-opening today that you would have loved - they have fall decorations galore!

Barbara said...

Wonderful!

Kate said...

Very pretty doll quilt. Too bad you couldn't find time to get together to sew.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I want to thank you again Denise for the link for Almost Amish. I loved the book. I'm not into the romance novels, so this one was perfect. Also if you check, Amazon offers free Kindle books regularly. I find them listed at the frugal girls blog -

http://thefrugalgirls.com/category/free-e-books