Saturday, August 25, 2012

funny and fun . . .

I should have saved the photo of Ellie noshing on her foot for Cat Patches' Foto Finish "funny" entry today!  Instead, how about I'll share these two . . .
My normally favorite, beautiful bird is molting.  And when cardinals molt, they are FAR from attractive!  They look like something the cat dragged in, which is what I thought had happened, the first time I saw one in this state!  
Their jaunty little caps disappear, their plumage is funky, and they just look ... well, as someone put it ... like "miniature vultures". LOL!  Bless their little hearts.  And it's all of them, too; the immature males, the females and the [normally] jaunty males.  Even though my photos aren't the best (it's hard to make the darn birds be still!), they certainly are funny!  Hop on over to Cat Patches and check out what others found 'funny' this Saturday morning!

On a more serious note (seriously wonderful), this came in yesterday's mail . . .
Whoohoo!!  I knew *exactly* what it was, too!!  (In fact, I made a special trip to the post office in hopes it would be there!)
I'd won last week's giveaway at Tea With Friends - one of my all-time favorite tea blogs!  It was a super-duper collection of different teas.  I mean marvelous!

If you're a tea enthusiast and you've not ever checked out Angela's blog, you're missing out on a real treat.  From recipes to table settings to tea rooms to pretty little tea accouterments, Angela covers it.  And on Saturdays she has the most marvelous tea-related giveaways!   Definitely follower-worthy!

This morning I sipped on the Numi, coconut pu-erh.  With a little truvia and a little coconut milk, it was *marvelous*!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Barbara said...

Oh how funny. Yes, they do look a fright. Sort of how I look in the morning.

Momof3girls said...

I had no idea. We have a little red bird with a black head and no feathers on it. He looks so pitiful! He's been like that for a while now. How long does it take for their feathers to come back? The other red birds don't look like this.

Jean(ie) said...

I saw a stellars Jay (?) the other day in our back area. Beautiful shades of blue. Love it!

I like watching birds... they are so fascinating.

Barbara F. said...

Congrats on the win. Suits you to a "T". :) I am going to visit there now. And thanks for sharing the molting cardinals. My birds molt and feathers are all over but they still look good and not stripped bare naked lol xo

quiltzyx said...

Poor things! I hope the molting doesn't take too long. Of course, there are days when one look at me would scare all the feathers right off of 'em! lol

Kimberly Cassie @ Quilty Doodads said...

I've seen cardinals around my home looking like this...I was thinking it was a new variety! Who knew?! Thanks for sharing the 411.

Kate said...

Poor birdie, it does look a bit woefull without it's pretty coat. I didn't know Cardinals molted.

Congrats on your winnings!

Sarah said...

Oh those poor cardinals - mine don't seem to do that altho I have seen photos of molting cardinals.

And again, you are my luckiest friend - I don't know anyone who wins more than you do!