Thursday, August 16, 2012

winner, winner . . .


But before I share the winner, may I ask a favor?  I have a local quilting/blogging friend -- Melissa, at I Am Beautiful Bee.  She's a relatively new quilter and blogger, but she's jumped in wholeheartedly with both feet!  She fell head-over-heels in love with quilting and is waiting for her new long arm to arrive so she can start up her new business.  Give her a look-see and share some blogger love with her!!

So . . . 

Late last night I met a random generator about a number.  I plugged in my numbers and waited to see what he had to say.  It didn't take long before I had my number . . . 
And thus, my winner:
Yay!  Shari, you won!  I've contacted Shari by e-mail to let her know she's my *big* winner!

Since I'll be getting books from Bethany on a regular basis (I hope!), I'll be passing them along to my bloggy friends as I finish them!  And who knows what else might end up in those packages, right?!?

Today I'm off for my monthly weigh-in ... still going strong, still pressing on!
At least I hope that's what the scales reflect.  My doc's scale is a little more high-tech than mine.  Still, I'm encouraged by the fact that I didn't gain a single pound on vacation.  Of course, I didn't lose a single pound, either!  LOL!

And tonight is our guild's annual potluck social and officer election.  Along with a covered dish and our own place setting (which can be quite fun), we're also to "bring some scissors, bright colored buttons (1/2" to 3/4") and thread to share."  
Hmmm . . . that sounds intriguing!  Eat, sew and chat; it doesn't get any better than that! 

Happy Thursday!

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, I'm excited to learn of someone starting up a quilting business. I have my SAL quilt almost finished and will need to find someone to quilt it for me....
The Guild meeting sounds like fun...maybe I'll get there one of these days.
Mama Bear

Connie said...

Congrats to Shari and also to you Denise! To go on vacation and not gain any weight is wonderful!

Teresa in Music City said...

Great job on your will-power on vacation! Not gaining any weight is a definite plus, and it counts as lost weight! Just think what you would have had to lose if you had gained it... does that even make sense? LOL!!! Oh well, you know what I mean :*)

Janet O. said...

Nice control on your vacation, Denise. That is no small feat!
Sounds like you have a fun evening ahead of you--enjoy!

Jean(ie) said...

Have fun tonight!
Congrats to the book winner!!!

Barbara F. said...

Congrats to the winner! I wish I knew how to sew (or at least remember what I learned way back when!) lol xo

Barbara F. said...

Congrats to the winner! I wish I knew how to sew (or at least remember what I learned way back when!) lol xo

Melissa Labella said...

Thanks for the shout out and bloggy love! I have two new friends today :0)

Sarah said...

Not gaining weight on vaction is still losing in my book! Can't wait to hear what the buttons, etc were for.