Tuesday, August 07, 2012

home again, home again, joggity-jog . . .

Wow.  I'm so enjoying this year's summer Olympics!  And I have to admit that it's been on pretty much whenever it's ... well ... on!  I was even able to catch a couple different events on our drive home.  Can someone please tell me when "trampoline" became an event?!?  LOL!

Speaking of the drive home, I think my poor little Ellie had definitely had enough of the car seat.
Does this sweet little face say, "Please take me out of this car seat!" or what?!  Bless her heart -- she did *so* well.  I'll be her travel companion any time!

And when I came home?  Well, Todd was on shift, but he was definitely thinking of me!  Look what greeted me when I walked in the door . . . 
Is my guy a sweetheart or what?  And not just that, but everything was cleaned, swept, vacuumed, folded and put away.  I know he worked hard to make that happen.  I'm a blessed woman, for sure!

Speaking of blessed, I came home with a sweet surprise from my mom . . .
Her Bernina Virtuosa 160 machine!  I am *so* thrilled!  She wanted it to be used and so she sent it off with me.  I admit, it's a little intimidating ... but I've already contacted the local Bernina dealer to see about classes and I've read the manual cover-to-cover, too.
Anyone else have one of these pretties?  I've read lots of lovely reviews on this particular little workhorse.  I can't wait to get stitching on her!  I'm still a little blown out of the water that I've got a Bernina.  I think she needs a name, don't you?!?  *happy sigh*  Thank you, Mama!  :)

I also came home to a little pile of squishy mail!
I know, right?!  Wow!  I'll be sharing the contents of those fun things tomorrow and Thursday!

And how about a little sneak peak into my haul from the Cottonseed Glory Quilt Shop . . .
I was amazed to learn they'd been in Annapolis for over thirty years!  I just left the area sixteen years ago.  But since I've only been quilting for seven, I guess I wouldn't have known of them.  My loss, no doubt! 
It was a darling little shop with lots of nooks and crannies and tons of pretties!  I took lots of pics of the shop, and I'll share more of it later in the week, too.

That wasn't the only fabric I came home with.  I also brought this lovely little bundle home . . . 
Isn't that interesting looking?  I'll open it up and share its contents and how I came upon it later -- after I've figured out how much yardage it's adding to my stash!

Today, for some reason I'm battling day two of a headache - maybe sinuses?.  I'll stay quiet and in the RV.  Yesterday I caught up on grocery shopping and getting stuff unpacked.  Today I'll play with fabric and OH! I'll get together my first lesson of the Color Theory Course I'm taking with my Stitchmap group!  Perhaps a little decluttering ... although the only room left is the back bunk and the crafting stuff.  Maybe not on that.  Perhaps, maybe ... it might be time to go check and see if there are more sweetgum fruits for me to collect for my wreath.  Wreaths have been much on my mind lately!

Join me in having a FABULOUS day!!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a great welcome home! How sweet. Enjoy your 'new' machine, you are going to enjoy I just know it.

Michelle said...

Welcome back. You're going to love that new machine, I'm sure! Can't wait to see what's in all those packages. :)

Jean(ie) said...

WOO HOO! A new Bernina!?! YOU SEW GURL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Names -- Bettina, Bertha, Brigitte, Bruna, Beatrice

I've got to say your hubby is a keeper! What a sweetie pie to welcome you back with such an outpouring of love.

I can't wait to see what you bought!

Jocelyn said...

I just noticed the stick family at the bottom of the page-- lol!!! So cute!

Sarah said...

Poor Ellie Belly - she does look exhausted. I agree with Jeanie that Hubby is definitly a keeper!

Congrats on the Bernina - I don't know that I ever officially named mine...should get on that now that she's 5! I love mine and hope she lasts a loooooong time. Enjoy her (him?) and I hope your LQS can hook you up with classes. I took the classes on mine twice just to make sure :)

Michelle said...

That face is so much more effective than crying would have been -- poor little thing!

Kimberly Cassie @ Quilty Doodads said...

Wow! You came home with all that great fabric and a sewing machine waiting for you! What a blessing! I was just popping over from #talknt and thought I'd say hi!

Janet O. said...

Looks like you have already had some fabulous days, Denise!
Lucky you to get Mom's "old" machine. My Mom is still quilting with her newer Bernina (she is 82), but when she got that model I got the old Bernina--which is 60 years old and still running!

Mama Spark said...

Congrats on the machine!! I have a Bernina 170 and I love it!! Can't imagine using anything else but a Bernina now! And all the mail, SWEET!!!

Mary said...

I love my Bernina 140. Yours' has a few more gadgets/stitches. You could call her NINA. I don't have Official names for all of mine, just enjoy playing with your new to you toy! I