Thursday, September 27, 2012

a few of my favorite things . . .

Today is Thursday, so it's time for the "Favorite Things" blog hop!  I have lots of favorite things to share today!

First, I had a fun happy show up in my post office box earlier this week . . .
Can you see the return address?  Let me zoom in a little.
The GREAT PUMPKIN!!!!

Someone knows me well, no?!  Hahaha!!  My sweetie-pie friend, Jean (of Jean Creates), knows my affinity for all things pumpkin and has done a marvelous job of setting me up for the onset of pumpkin season!
Wasn't this fun?!?  The table runner pattern is just darling!  And the tip towels -- it was like she read my mind!  I've never seen the Stitch-Craft-Create magazine, so I'm really enjoying perusing its pages.  And those sweet little bundles of fabrics??  They have *sparkly* lines!  And I grinned when I laid eyes on the book -- for me to read with my Sawyer and share my pumpkin love!!  Thank you, Jean, for being so thoughtful!!

Speaking of Sawyer, I spent time with him yesterday morning, while his mommy headed in for a baby-check.  It was an early appointment, so I had the pleasure of making him breakfast!
I tried to get him to smile (to make up for his last photo), but he was all clown.

Too focused for a smile here . . .

Too many toys (cars, dinosaurs and transformers) to look up and say "cheese" here . . .

Neesey, where are you?!
RAWR!!  I scared you, Neesey!

We had a fun morning.  He's all boy -- but he's such a cuddler, too.  Gosh I love that!  And, in case you're wondering, Baby June and mommy are doing fine and we've moved to the once-a-week appointments!  Won't be too much longer!

Another favorite?  Walking through the camp and finding pretty things popping up in the most unusual places . . .
So gorgeous!

And I can't have a post about favorite things without sharing my sweet Eleanor Pearl . . .
Or should I say Raggedy Ann?!?  Is she darling, or what??!!  

I am blessed!!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Karin said...

What a fun day you had - happy squishies in the mail and cuddle time with your two favorite little people! They keep you young! That picture of Ellie is darling!

Cathy said...

You are truly blessed. That picture of Ellie is PRICELESS with her ah shucks type grin. That's a print and frame for sure. And pretty soon you'll have another little girl.

Janet O. said...

Fun stuff all around, Denise! Is Ellie getting set for Halloween? What a cutie pie!

Sarah said...

Looks like fun all around. Ellie makes a great Raggedy Ann - I just wanna pinch those cheeks. I love little snuggly boys - both my nephews are all boy and all snuggles at the same time.

Katherines Corner said...

memory making that makes me smile. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop my friend xo

Katherines Corner said...

memory making that makes me smile. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop my friend xo

Barbara F. said...

Such cuties, those two, and yes, you are very blessed. xo

Jean(ie) said...

Squee... that pic of Ellie is just too darn presh! I hope yu have fun reading the pumpkin book to Sawyer. I love reading to kids. It's the only time I can do "voices" and not get looked at like I'm crazy! LOL!

Lea said...

The pumpkin gift is awesome. You deserve it for being a nice friend. The pumpkin kit needs a creative creator like you :)

The multi-petal-flowers are so sweet. I love the shades of pink.

Sawyer and Eleanor are adorable. Just looking at them would make your day beautiful.

Lee said...

Blessed for sure, those sweet grandbabies. I remember when my Nick was still a cuddler - I miss those days and my grandbaby (now 2 yr.old) is 1100+ miles away :( The pic of Ellie, I mean Raggedy Ann, is just too, too cute, better start stocking up on shotgun shells to keep the guys away, lol!

Teresa in Music City said...

What a fun day for you!!! Sawyer seemed in a better mood than the last post. He seems to be able to really concentrate - that's a good thing!!! And what can I say about Miss Ellie in that ragdoll wig? She is just simply TOO adorable!!!

Mary said...

Didn't know I was missing a Thursday Favorite things hop Thanks for sharing your Precious littles with us. Grandma days once a week for you, huh?

Devon Riesenberg said...

Adorable post and blog! Thanks for the follow...returning the favor :)

Kate said...

Love those little feet sticking out of the cabinet, so cute. As is Ms. Raggedy Ann.

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh! Look at those dimples! You ARE blessed, my dear.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

What blessings! Raggedy Ann is a *doll* truly....
Lots of Great Pumpkin goodies, too!!! YAY!

Michelle said...

Such adorable pictures of both your grandbabies!