Monday, September 24, 2012

stash ... silent ... design . . .

Yes, this is one of *those* posts.  I was too lazy worn out to post anything coherent yesterday, so I'm combining yesterday's Stash Report #38 (?!?!~38~!?!?) and Slow Stitching Sunday with today's Design Wall Monday post. Kim's shower was wonderful fun and deserves a post all of its own, so I'll share that later in the week!!

My stash report actually has a tidy little sum in the 'used' column and not a single thing in the incoming.  For a change.  Mostly because I was feeling puny and didn't leave the RV from Sunday after church until Thursday afternoon and didn't do much of anything except sew/quilt/stitch.  My 25th Anniversary BOM helped boost those numbers a lot!  LOL!  Without further ado . . . 


Used/donated this week: 6 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 34.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 143.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -109 yards

Hmmmm . . . I wonder if I can make it back down from trip digits to double digits??  Nah!!  I'm going to backdate (or whatever) and go ahead and link up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times for yesterday's weekly stash reporting.

I'm making slow progress on my Mr. Owlie ... but I *am* making progress . . . 
He looks much more symmetric with both eyes finished!  I am heavily outlining the owl himself and then I'll more delicately use colored floss to embellish him and outline/embellish the flowers and leaves.

Here's the tangled mess of black floss I'm working with at the moment:
Can you find an end?  Yeah?  Great!  Now will you please e-mail me and tell *me* where it is???!  ;)

I don't have anything else the stitchery hoop at the moment, though I have it on very good authority that I will soon be doing several more of that darling hexagonal table topper.
I've been sketching out ideas for mini Christmas stitcheries ... one on green, one on white, and one on red -- to go on those blank hexies in the pattern.  This is sort of along the lines of what I'm thinking of stitchery-wise.  And this segment is brought to you by linked up to Kathy's Quilts and Slow Stitching Sunday!

Finally ... the design wall!  There's not much left on it after last week's burst of productivity!  Today I'll pull colors for this week's Grandmother's Choice BOW block, which is called Kansas Sunflower:  Yellow and Gold.  Have you seen this thing?? Yikes!  I may be working on it all week, as it appears to be a true booger of a block...good thing I like a challenge!

I'm also auditioning fabrics for this little project:
I like the idea of a number of solids, with maybe a print in there somewhere, and the leaf stitchery on the bigger blocks.

Which reminds me ... somewhere on the DW by the end of the week better be something 'leafy'!  The Leafs Me Happy blog hop starts October 1st!  My date is October 10th ... which also happens to be a pretty big day [big, HUGE day] in my life.  Count on a giveaway to go with it all!!  Linking this section up with Patchwork Times and Design Wall Monday and What a Hoot's BOMs Away Monday!

I've found that the steroids are leaving me rather unable to sleep.  I went to bed at 10 pm, got up around 11:30 pm to use the bathroom, tossed and turned until around 1:30 am ... and finally gave up and left Todd to get some decent sleep. I've been surfing and stitching and reading ever since.  Gosh I hope a nap is in my future at some point!  On the positive side, I can breathe better and the wheezing isn't as bad as it was; both of which are very good things.

A final picture.  Hey, if one picture of Ellie is good, then how a picture of *36* pictures of Ellie?  For your viewing pleasure (or mine, anyway), here's her first 36 weeks.  This is so amazing to me! I didn't compress it so you can click and make it big!  :)

Happy Monday -- have a *great* day.  The week is a clean slate before us -- how shall we color it in?!  

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Bonnie said...

Oh my.. Darling way to show baby's growth. Did you snap the pictures? I love all the different fabric under her. It's obvious you caught some milestones too. Smiling and grabbing toes. Terrific. You've got a lot of quilting/stitchery on your plate too. Now to get my Monday post done!

Missy Shay said...

I love that fabric. I think you should drink some sleepy time tea with valerian before bedtime tonight! I hope you start to feel better!

Kristie said...

Love the baby photos! What a wonderful way to show the baby's growth. I love those fabrics that you picked for the leaf design and your owl is just too cute.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Teresa in Music City said...

So, so glad you are feeling better! Steroids do tend to do a number on you, but they sure do help clear up the nasties :*) I am simply amazed at how Ellie has grown! Such a sweet beautiful little girl :*) And your owl is too dang cute - those eyes are priceless! I'm enjoying seeing him come to life.

Melinda said...

Lots of fun project but the baby photos are truly wonderful. What a great idea.

Jean(ie) said...

Isn't life amazing??? Gosh so many changes... such a miracle!

I'm totally digging your owlie... Love it!

Vicki said...

Very pretty hand work. I really like the stocking! You have a great start on the fall block and those fabrics look great. I like the large blocks of color in it too. Hope you are feeling better soon, steriods are not fun and neither is being sick!!

Recovering Perfectionist said...

I really like that autumnal fabric! It'll be stunning with the blackwork embroidery. (And the baby is adorable, of course!)

Mary said...

After all your Fun, you had every right to be Lazy, Tired or Late in posting your Stash report. I have to say it again- Love the Mosaic of your sweet Ellie. The leaf-y bear paw blocks does look fun, too. Have a great week.

AnnieO said...

Cute ideas for your hexies and autumn flavored projects. Love the 36 weeks--it has gone by very fast! Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Barbara F. said...

Denise, you really need to turn your blog into a book! I love that fall fabric. xo

Quilter Kathy said...

Lots of fun projects on the horizon! Glad to see that Mr. Owlie is shaping up! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Cathy said...

Those stitcheries look wonderful! What a great idea to put an embroidery into the bigger part of those autumn blocks. And I LOVE the autumn colours. Our trees around here are just starting to show their colours. And I think Joc was so smart to come up with the idea of different fabrics for the weekly pics. It makes a great collage

Theresa said...

Love your owl, he looks wonderful and the leaves project is going to be lovely, I love autumn colours.

Sarah said...

Looking forward to your pending hexie toppers - there are just a world of opportunities for fabric/stitchery combos. I best get working on mine as we have hexie club in just over a week and some of the girls will be doing the fall topper. Do you use regular cotton to stitch on?

LynCC said...

Hi, Denise! You've got some really fun things going here. :D Love the leaves, absolutely love them. Fun owl, too! Is that an applique getting stitching on top, or is the whole thing embroidery? That floss - lol! Good luck. (But it isn't really funny.) ;D

And what fun pics of Ellie! Is that a whole set of onesies marked by week? Very cool.

Kate said...

Your Mr. Owlie is looking very handsome there in the hoop. Love all your choices for your new leaf project.

Love those photos of Ellie. That's going to be quite a keepsake of her first year.