Monday, September 10, 2012

design on a dime window . . .

Back out on the 'window' (and yes ... that's really a window under all that) are my guild 25th anniversary BOM blocks.  
I've got seven done, five to do.  I'd really like to get these blocks finished and the top assembled before the next guild meeting -- the 20th.  Yikes!  Better get busy!

I finished up my color theory lesson 4 ... and here's my Theoretically all pieced . . . 
I need to decide what I'm going to do about borders.  Probably red and brown.  I may practice some free motion quilting on it.  Make a true "lesson" piece out of it, from start to finish!

I also pulled out these autumn pieces . . . 
Two years ago I had made a darling leaf and acorn topper:
Last year I donated it as a raffle prize for the Camp's Jamboree.  I miss it -- it was a fun piece to have out, especially this time of year.  I'd already cut the squares to make a second one and now I think perhaps it's time!  I'm still working on the apple topper in my mind.  That's a dangerous place.  LOL!  :)

Linking up with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times *and* with What a Hoot's BOMs Away!

Yesterday was a picture-perfect afternoon ... the weather was exquisite and I opened up all the windows in the RV ... finished up my color theory lesson 5 (yup, two in one weekend!) ... enjoyed the fall Tea Time issue with a fabulous pot of tea and a lovely conversation with my mom.

Speaking of whom, this is the perfect time to pay homage to my folks . . .
Today they celebrate FIFTY-TWO years of wedded bliss -- pretty incredible stuff, if you ask me.  Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad -- I love you!

Have a fabulous week!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Janet O. said...

Always good things going on here, Denise. I especially love the fall topper!
Your parents are a very handsome looking couple.

Grammasheri said...

You've done a great job on your color theory quilt. And your leaf and acorn table topper is sweet...i can see how you'd miss it!

Such a wonderful picture of your parents. Congratulations to them!

You are one busy lady!

Barbara B said...

Look at all you've gotten done! And congratulations to mom and dad--may you and Todd enjoy the same someday!

LuAnn said...

I just love those leaves and acorns. Congratulations to your folks. That is a huge milestone!

Judy D in WA said...

Busy, busy! Love all the blocks and Theoretically is pretty cool.
That table topper is fabulous!
Congratulations to your parents!

Bonnie said...

Yeah for 52 years!
Your autumn topper is great. Hum, I wish I had time to make one too! I agree about having the windows open yesterday. It was glorious here.

Gmama Jane said...

Oh Denise, you look just like your beautiful mother!!!! Your parents are very young looking to be married for 52 years!!! She has that same great smile you and Joc have!! Love all your quilty projects. I'm planning on coming to the next guild meeting...cross your fingers!!!
Blessings
Jane

Jean(ie) said...

Yay Mom and Dad! And they're still smiling too! Something we all should strive for.

I can't wait to see the topper.

Vicki said...

the fall toppers are so pretty! I like the color theory blocks and they are such a great teaching tool. 52 years is awesome!!

LynCC said...

Hi! Nice to see you at BOM's Away. :D I love the stitchery on your sashing. Very pretty. And I'd want to make another acorns-n-leaves topper, too.

Connie said...

Beautiful fall leaves and blocks! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - your mom sure looks a lot like you, or the other way around I guess :*) Beautiful couple and they look very happy - good for them!!!

Your color theory project looks great! I love the stitching in the center of the sashings. I'm also loving your leaves and acorns. It's that time & everyone loves having fall leaves in their decorations. Yours are just going to be more gorgeous than anyone else's, that's all =^..^=

Sarah said...

You can do it!!! 5 blocks in 10 days!!!

Mama Spark said...

Nice finishes and congrats to your folks! Quite an accomplishment!!

Beth Probasco said...

What great looking parents. Hope you are getting those guild blocks done!!! ;>)

Kate said...

You've been busy! Good luck with the anniversary blocks, hope they fly fast.

Happy anniversary to your parents, 52 years is quite an accomplishment!